The Environmental Institute of Houston (EIH) received a grant from Texas Parks and Wildlife Department's Community Outdoor Outreach Program (CO-OP). EIH will work with new partners, such as The STEM Foundation and Dickinson ISD, and existing partners, including Clear Creek ISD and Galveston Bay Area Master Naturalist, to provide opportunities for young Texans to connect with nature.
Together with our partners, EIH will bring economically disadvantaged urban youth, academically struggling, and under-served children to EIH and local state parks for outdoor experiences, which will include fishing, archery, kayaking, birding, geocaching, hiking, learning about their local environmental heritage, and working on prairie seed and prairie restoration service projects.
The following programs are made possible by the TPWD CO-OP Grant:
- Becoming an Outdoors Girl one-day program (fall 2019 and spring 2020 dates)
- Three-day Birding Camp (fall 2019)
- Three-day Girls' Camp (summer 2019)
- Youth Birding Club (fall 2019 and spring 2020)
- Great Texas Birding Classic (spring 2020)