Youth Birding Club is on hiatus for the summer. Have a great summer and we'll see you in September!
EIH's youth birding club meets on the third Saturday of the month* from 9 - 10:30 am. The club is open to children aged 7-13 and their parents (or grandparents) interested in birds and birding—no experience necessary. We will be exploring the beautiful UHCL campus, or other local birding hot spots, and the many bird species that live and visit here with an experienced birder and birding educator.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children aged 10 -13 may be dropped off (there is a sign in), but parents are welcome to stay if they wish!
Meetings are free.
What to Bring
- Closed-toed shoes (required)
- Long pants & long sleeve shirt (recommended)
- Sunhat, sunscreen, insect repellent (recommended)
- Bottle of water (highly recommended)
- Snack (if you wish)
- Binoculars if you have them (we have loaners)
- Birding book (not required)
We typically meet at the Environmental Institute of Houston (EIH) which is situated on the University of Houston-Clear Lake campus. You will find us in the NOA I building (look for the garden), which is on the north side of campus near Entrance 3 (Middlebrook Drive). Park in Lot D4. There is no fee for parking during the weekend. Occasionally, we take field trips to local hot spots such as Exploration Green and Bay Area Park. Location details are made available on the registration page for each event.Directions to UHCL
This opportunity is organized with the wonderful help of volunteers from the Galveston Bay Area Chapter of the Texas Master Naturalist. Youth Birding Club is funded by TPWD CO-OP Grant.
*The Youth Birding Club meets January–June and September–November. Up-to-date information is posted to our Facebook page.