Renée E. Lastrapes, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Education Research and Assessment,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Quantitative Research Design
- Assessment for students with SLD
- Behavioral interventions for teachers working with students with EBD
- Lastrapes, R. E., Fritz, J. N., & Hasson, R. (2019). Increasing teachers’ use of behavior-specific praise with the teacher vs. student game. Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals, 1, 64-78.
- Moreno-Recio, P., Corrales, A., Orange, A., & Lastrapes, R. E. (2018). Do years of experience and hours of training really matter? Investing in school leaders’ efficacies and English learners’ language development. AASA Journal of Scholarship and Practice, 15(3), 32-52.
- Mooney, P., & Lastrapes, R. E. (2018). Replicating criterion validity in science content for the combination of Critical Content Monitoring and Sentence Verification Technique. Assessment for Effective Intervention, published online first.
- Lastrapes, R. E., Fritz, J. N., & Casper-Teague, L. (2018). Effects of the Teacher versus Students game on teacher praise and student behavior. Journal of Behavioral Education, 27(4), 419-434.
- Csaszar, I. E., Curry, J. R. & Lastrapes, R. E. (2018). Effects of loving kindness meditation on student teachers’ reported levels of stress and empathy. Teacher Education Quarterly, 93-116.
- Fritz, J. N., Dupuis, D. L., Wu, W., Neal, A. E., Rettig, L. A., & Lastrapes, R. E. (2017). Effects of equating effort on recycling and trash disposal. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 50(4), 825-829.
- Boudreaux-Johnson, M., Mooney, P., & Lastrapes, R. E. (2017). An evaluation of Close Reading with at-risk fourth grade students in science content. Journal of At-Risk Issues 20(1), 27-35.
- Jackson, K. M., Willis, K., Giles, L., Lastrapes, R. E., & Mooney, P. (2017). How to meaningfully incorporate co-teaching into programs for middle school students with emotional and behavioral disorders. Beyond Behavior, 26(1), 11-18.
- Lastrapes, R. E. (2016). Let Us Play: Using research-based games to facilitate effective instruction. Beyond Behavior, 25(3), 27-33.
- Mooney, P., Lastrapes, R. E., Marcotte, A. M., & Matthews, A. (2016). Validity of two general outcome measures of science and social studies achievement. Specialusis Ugdymas/ Special Education, 34(1), 145-188.
- Mooney, P., & Lastrapes, R. E. (2016). The benchmarking capacity of a general outcome measure of academic language in science and social studies. Assessment for Effective Intervention, 41(4), 209-219.
- Lastrapes, R. E. (2014). Using the good behavior game in an inclusive classroom. Intervention in School and Clinic. 49(4), 225-229.
- Archer, L. A. C. & Lastrapes, R. E. (2014). Demonstrate mathematical modeling using Excel. Mathematics in Michigan, 47(2), 16-20.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- EDCI 7031 Quantitative Research I
- EDCI 7032 Quantitative Research II
- EDLS 7031 Quantitative Research I
- EDLS 7032 Quantitative Research II
- EDLS 8530 Research Seminar (Proposal Writing)
- EDLS 7332 Current Issues in Educational Measurement
- EDUC 6032 Applied Statistics
- EDUC 6033 Research Design and Analysis
- SPED 4300 Survey of Exceptionalities
Awards and Accomplishments
- Lillian Oleson Scholarship for the College of Human Sciences and Education
- Paul & Ellen Arst Scholarship for the College of Human Sciences and Education
- Dr. William Rodney Cline Philosophy of Education Scholarship