Renée E. Lastrapes, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Education Research and Assessment,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Quantitative Research Design
- Assessment for students with SLD
- Behavioral interventions for teachers working with students with EBD
- Lastrapes, R. E., & Mooney, P. (2020). Teachers' use and perceptions of research-to-practice articles. Exceptionality. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1080/09362835.2020.1772068
- Mooney, P., & Lastrapes, R. E. (2020). Conceptual replications of the Critical Content Monitoring general outcome measure in science content. Assessment for Effective Intervention. 45(2), 121-134. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F1534508418791733.
- Lastrapes, R. E. Mooney, P. (2019). Investigating Sentence Verification Technique as a potential CBM measure of science content. Journal of At-Risk Issues. 2(2), 12-22.
- Lastrapes, R. E., & Mooney, P. (2019). Noticing and noting: Teaching students with EBD to effectively self-monitor. Beyond Behavior. Advance online publication. https://journals.sagepub.com/eprint/UXAZMB8JFVX5S5PFE5SQ/full
- Lastrapes, R. E., Fritz, J. N., & Hasson, R. (2019). Increasing teachers’ use of behavior-specific praise with the teacher vs. student game. Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals, 1, 64-78.
- Lastrapes, R. E., Fritz, J. N., & Casper-Teague, L. (2018). Effects of the Teacher versus Students game on teacher praise and student behavior. Journal of Behavioral Education, 27(4), 419-434.
- Csaszar, I. E., Curry, J. R. & Lastrapes, R. E. (2018). Effects of loving kindness meditation on student teachers’ reported levels of stress and empathy. Teacher Education Quarterly, 93-116.
- Fritz, J. N., Dupuis, D. L., Wu, W., Neal, A. E., Rettig, L. A., & Lastrapes, R. E. (2017). Effects of equating effort on recycling and trash disposal. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 50(4), 825-829.
- Lastrapes, R. E. (2016). Let Us Play: Using research-based games to facilitate effective instruction. Beyond Behavior, 25(3), 27-33.
- Lastrapes, R. E. (2014). Using the good behavior game in an inclusive classroom. Intervention in School and Clinic. 49(4), 225-229.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- EDCI 7031 Quantitative Research I
- EDCI 7032 Quantitative Research II
- EDLS 7031 Quantitative Research I
- EDLS 7032 Quantitative Research II
- EDLS 8530 Research Seminar (Proposal Writing)
- EDLS 7332 Current Issues in Educational Measurement
- EDUC 6032 Applied Statistics
- EDUC 6033 Research Design and Analysis
- SPED 4300 Survey of Exceptionalities
Awards and Accomplishments
- Lillian Oleson Scholarship for the College of Human Sciences and Education
- Paul & Ellen Arst Scholarship for the College of Human Sciences and Education
- Dr. William Rodney Cline Philosophy of Education Scholarship