Antonio Corrales, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- At-Risk Student Populations
- School Turnaround
- Tingle, E., Corrales, A., & Peters, M. (in-press). Leadership development programs: Investing in school principals. Educational Studies.
- Corrales, A. (2017). Factors impacting school closure and configuration. Retrieved from http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1555458917714285
- Corrales, A. (2017). Not watching the fight: examining the dynamics of school turnaround. Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 20(3), 76-85.
- Corrales, A., Schumacher, G., & Peters, M. (2017). Does money really matter? Investing in the future of Hispanic students. AASA Journal of Scholarship and Practice, 13(4), 9-19.
- Corrales, A. (2017). Aligning research based strategies to charter school turnaround plans. The Charter Schools Resource Journal, 11(1),33-61.
- Corrales, A. (2016). Undoing the damage: Repairing a broken school district. Bloomington, IN: Xlibris Corp.
- Corrales, A. (1995). A Vision of Life (Una Vision de la Vida). Caracas, Venezuela.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- ADSU 5010 Professional Preparation Seminar
- ADSU 6235 Administration of Special Programs
- ADSU 6436 School Resource Management
- COUN 6032 Statistics and Measurement for Counselors
- EDUC 6032 Applied Statistics
- EDLS 7637 Personnel Management
- EDLS 8130 Strategic Planning and System Alignment
- EDLS 8132 Transition and Change Management
- Anti-bullying/diversity program through art-based education and its impact on academic performance: Faces of Diversity.
- Early Head Start Program, 0-3 years old, Galveston County: Closing Achievement Gaps.
- All terrain electric wheel chairs in schools: Impacting academic performance.
Awards and Accomplishments
Deans’ Award for Exceptional Graduate Student Research Southwest Educational Research Association (SERA)