Antonio Corrales, Ed.D.
Doctoral Program Director and Associate Professor of Educational Leadership,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- At-Risk Student Populations
- School Turnaround
- Corrales, A., & Peters, M. (2017). Examining the relationship between school funding and academic achievement for charter schools. The Charter Schools Resource Journal, 12(1), 55-79.
- Corrales, A. (2017). Factors impacting school closure and configuration, Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 20(4), 85-105.
- Corrales, A. (2017). Not watching the fight: examining the dynamics of school turnaround. Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 20(3), 76-85.
- Corrales, A., Schumacher, G., & Peters, M. (2017). Does money really matter? Investing in the future of Hispanic students. AASA Journal of Scholarship and Practice, 13(4), 9-19.
- Corrales, A. (2017). Aligning research based strategies to charter school turnaround plans. The Charter Schools Resource Journal, 11(1), 33-61.
- Tingle, E., Corrales, A., & Peters, M. (2017). Leadership development programs: Investing in school principals. Educational Studies. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03055698.2017.1382332
- Barksdale, C., Peters, M., & Corrales, A. (2019). Middle school students’ perceptions of classroom climate and its relationship to achievement. Educational Studies, 47(1), 84-107. https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/YNAKX2QW7TKG54ZW4F5V/full?target=10.1080/03055698.2019.1664411
- LaRoe, H., Corrales, A., Peters, M., & Orange, A. (2020). Do start times at high schools really matter? Studying the impact of high school start times on achievement, attendance, and graduation rates of high school students. AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice, 17(2), 6-23.
- LaRoe, H., & Corrales, A. (2018). Silencing Social Media on Suicidal Matters at a School Setting. Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 22(1), 43-54.
- Moreno-Recio, P., Corrales, A., Orange, A., & Lastrapes, R. (2018). Do years of experience and hours of training really matter? Investing in school leaders’ efficacies and English learners’ language development. AASA Journal of Scholarship and Practice, 15(3), 32-52.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- EDLS 7637 Personnel Management
- EDLS 7837 Superintendent Practicum
- EDLS 8130 Strategic Planning and System Alignment
- EDLS 8132 Transition and Change Management
- EDLS 7238 Marketing of Educational Services for Nonprofit Organizations
- ADSU 5010 Professional Preparation Seminar
- ADSU 6235 Administration of Special Programs
- ADSU 6436 School Resource Management
- COUN 6032 Statistics and Measurement for Counselors
- EDUC 6032 Applied Statistics
- Anti-bullying/diversity program through art-based education and its impact on academic performance: Faces of Diversity.
- Early Head Start Program, 0-3 years old, Galveston County: Closing Achievement Gaps.
- All terrain electric wheel chairs in schools: Impacting academic performance.
Awards and Accomplishments
Deans' Award for Exceptional Graduate Student Research Southwest Educational Research Association (SERA)