STEM4ALL: Augustus F. Hawkins Centers of Excellence (Hawkins) Grant at University of Houston-Clear Lake
The STEM4ALL program will support preservice, in-service, and educators seeking professional development in STEM Literacy and inclusion in Multilingual education with an ESL supplemental certification. The STEM4ALL program will recruit, retain, and support 30 new preservice students from the UHCLTeach program. STEM4ALL involves UHCLTeach student organization Future Educators in STEM, culturally responsive teaching strategies and the Children's Environmental Literacy Foundation (CELF). CELF's educator team will support four UHCLTeach cohorts reaching up to 100 preservice educators with mentorship and student project implementation support during their classroom placements, with additional support for up to 20 full-time teachers working in K-12 schools.
Who Can Apply
- Students enrolled in the UHCLTeach program
- High School Seniors accepted in the UHCLTeach program
Complete the STEM4ALL Application.
Continued Support Available
- maintain a minimum overall, education and STEM content major GPA of at least 3.0
- make adequate yearly progress in education and STEM coursework
- complete STEM4ALL renewal application
- Attend the STEM4ALL summer institute
Want to become a UHCLTeach STEM4ALL Mentor?
Complete the Alumni Mentor Application.