Classroom observations will be scheduled September through March each school year for students/interns seeking observation hours to meet course/program requirements, maximum hours sixteen (16).
- Field Experience Requests, course rosters, students’ completed Criminal History Information Student Teacher Observation forms and Verification Letters are to be submitted to CPDT. Santa FE ISD only accepts classroom observations, not field experience.
- Instructors must prepare and provide to students a documentation letter explaining required observation hours, which the student will submit to Santa Fe ISD Human Resources at the time of their meeting with the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources.
- Students will be notified of eligibility directly by the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources at the time they meet with her.
- Instructors/students are responsible for contacting the campus to schedule observation days and times.
- Print and complete a Santa Fe ISD Criminal History Information Student Teacher Observation form.
- Schedule an appointment with the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources by contacting Brandy.Meade@sfisd.org .
- During the meeting, you must present a documentation letter from the university professor or certification program explaining required observation hours.
- Once accepted, you will be placed on an approved student observation list that is shared with the campus/s. Student interns are responsible for making contact with the campus to schedule their observation days and times.