Status of Fall 2021 Field Experiences
The availability and mode of field experiences are determined by the individual districts. The CPDT office will update this information prior to the beginning of each semester.
Also, please review the TEA Updated Guidance for Field-Based in 20-21.
General Information for Field Experiences
- All field experience requests are due to the CPDT office by the 4th Friday of the start of the fall/spring semesters.
- Suite Secretaries will establish a deadline for submission for individual departments.
- Refer to the Field Experience Request Submission Instructions for the submission process.
- Refer to school district requirements for submission of applications and Criminal History Background Checks.
- Students must successfully complete all district requirements for application and background checks before their field experience request will be considered by the district.
- Allow at least two-three weeks for the district to process the field experience applications and background checks upon receipt.
- Instructors observing students on a district campus may be required to sign in and present a driver's license or state-issued ID.
- Students are not eligible to report to any campus until instructors have been notified of eligibility by CPDT.
- The CPDT office will communicate with school district personnel on behalf of COE regarding any aspect of the field experience process.
- Direct all field experience questions to the CPDT office via phone: 281-283-3612 or E-mail: email@example.com
Please include with your request the names of students whose UHCL and state identification records differ, the name under which they applied and completed the background check information and that which is listed on their state-issued identification.