- Field Experience Requests, course rosters are to be submitted to CPDT.
- Instructors must provide to students school documentation, including: (1) verification of current enrollment in a class requiring completion of classroom observations. It must contain the student’s name and a school contact name, phone number, and email. (2) course syllabus. Instructors must provide this to students prior to their online application, in order that it may be uploaded with the application.
- La Porte ISD requires 7-10 business days to process background checks and other paperwork. Please submit Field Experience Requests and all other required documentation at least two weeks prior to the proposed start date.
- Placements will be determined by Human Resources and the various campuses. Neither students, nor instructors are to contact the district/campuses regarding placements.
- Observations during state testing periods will not be approved.
- Students may not observe in a classroom of their children.
Future educators seeking to complete field experience classroom observations with La Porte ISD should take the following steps:
- Initiate the background/criminal history check process by completing and submitting a Field Experience application online at www.lpisd.org.
- At the LPISD home page, select Departments, Human Resources. Select Job Listings and complete the Field Experience application. Please note that Field Experience applications are purged annually.
- Complete the application timely as you may not be on our campuses without an approved background/criminal history check.
- Identify on the application the campus site(s) at which you wish to observe. Identify at least two sites to increase the probability that your request can be accommodated.
- Attach school documentation, obtained from your instructor, to your Field Experience application, including: (1) verification of current enrollment in a class requiring completion of classroom observations. It must contain your name and a school contact name, phone number, and email. (2) course syllabus.
- Contact Susan Julian at (281) 604-7107 for questions and to confirm that your program information has been received and your field experience application has been cleared to be on a LPISD campus.
- HR will send an email to the identified campus advising of your request and your cleared volunteer status. HR will notify the campus secretary and principal that you will be contacting their office for permission. You will be copied on this email. Do not contact the campus prior to receiving the email.
- Please allow 24-48 hours to pass before calling the LPISD campus main number to seek principal approval to observe in classrooms on the campus. Provide information on the number, length and timeframe of the observations or field experience being requested.
- The campus principal makes the final determination as to whether or not your request can be accommodated.
- After campus confirmation of the observation date and time, contact Susan Julian in the Human Resources Department with this information at (281) 604-7107 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To best assist with future observations, a record of campus visits will be kept in the Human Resource Department.
- Please allow 7-10 work days for the process detailed above.
- General guidelines for field experience classroom observation approval include: Observations
during state testing periods will not be approved.
Students may not observe in a classroom of their children.
- Phone numbers for each campus are listed below. Additional information can be found at www.lpisd.org.
- Bayshore Elementary School 281-604-4600
- College Park Elementary School 281-604-4400
- Heritage Elementary School 281-604-2600
- Jennie Reid Elementary School 281-604-4500
- La Porte Elementary School 281-604-4700
- Lomax Elementary School 281-604-4300
- Rizzuto Elementary School 281-604-6500
- Baker 6th Grade Campus 281-604-6800
- La Porte Jr. High School 281-604-6600
- Lomax Jr. High School 281-604-6700
- La Porte High School 281-604-7500