- Field Experience Requests and course rosters will be emailed to the CPDT office.
- Students are to submit a university or program letter, prepared by the instructor, stating their need to do observations. This letter should be added to each student’s required documentation and submitted to CPDT.
- Due to COVID-19, we cannot have an entire University class in one teacher's classroom in DISD.
- Instructors requesting Field Experience placements for individual students, or a small number of students, should not contact the campus. Placements will be determined by Human Resources and campus principals. Dickinson ISD will accept small-group submissions beginning spring 2020.
- Dickinson ISD will notify the student directly of eligibility. Regarding teaching or observing in the classroom, the student should make their needs known when scheduling their visit. The student, teacher, and principal will be able to create a situation that is best for everyone.
- Go to the Dickinson ISD website. Click on Departments. Click on Human Resources. Click on Classroom Observations.
- Complete the Observation Contact Form.
- Send the following items to Elvira Rosas at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Observation Contact Form
- A copy of your university or program letter stating the need for observations
- A copy of your driver's license
- Complete the Volunteer Tracker.
- A new packet must be submitted each semester that observations are requested.
- After all the information has been received and verified, it will be forwarded to the campus principal(s). Please allow 7-10 business days for processing. Human Resources will send the student an email approving the observation request and a list of campus contacts. Once accepted, it is the responsibility of the student to make observation arrangements directly with the campus contact listed.