Clear Creek ISD
- CCISD Field Experience course requirements and rosters are to be submitted to CPDT in a timely manner so names can be placed on a Spreadsheet for CCISD. Your rosters are then forwarded to CCISD along with the spreadsheet.
- Clear Creek ISD will continue to host Field Experience for the 22-23 school year by providing up to 15 hours per student. Only one placement, however, will be assigned per content area (example ELAR). Our system allows submission of only one Field Experience Application per semester. Students may attach multiple program verifications—instructor letters or course syllabus—to that application.
- Placements will be determined by Human Resources and the various campuses. There is a possibility that the number of students could be limited depending on the number of teachers willing to host observers in their classroom.
- It would be helpful if professors could limit multiple visits (Ex.: 4 or 5 visits per student 4 or 5 visits per student requires a lot of organization logistically).
- Instructors wishing to place an entire class or even a large number of students, should contact Barbara Morrison in CCISD HR at 281-284-0149 to seek approval before submitting their Field Experience Request to the CPDT office. McWhirter professors may contact Dr. Laurie Weaver regarding placements.
- Unless your student is a CCISD employee, instructors with connections in other districts may want to consider making that district required rather than giving students a choice.
- All visitors will be expected to comply with District Safe School Protocols approved by the Board. They will show their TDL and receive a Visitor's Badge to be worn on campus.
- CPDT will notify students of eligibility from the shared spreadsheet.
Once notified by Ms. Morrison of approvals via spreadsheet, instructors of large groups will then be asked by Ms. Morrison to contact the campus principal to work out all teacher needs, placements and scheduling details.
If a student has multiple placements requiring Field Experience in CCISD, the student needs to notify their instructors of the multiple field placements prior to completing the online application. The system will allow only one Field Experience Application per semester. If you are taking more than one class requiring Field Experience, you should attach ALL course verifications with that application. Unless you are an employee of CCISD, you are encouraged to complete Field Experience in districts recommended by your instructor.
- Log on to www.ccisd.net
- Click on "Join our Team"
- Click on "Current Openings"
- Type "Field Experience" in the search box to bring up the field experience/observation application
- Complete the application online making sure you attach a program verification.
- Instructors often prepare a verification letter for their students.
- You may attach a course syllabus as well.
- MULTIPLE CCISD PLACEMENTS If you are observing in CCISD for multiple courses, please attach ALL course verification documents to the same Field Experience/Observation Application. (The system only allows one application.)
- The application will NOT submit without a course verification attachment.
- Submit the application online.
- You are expected to submit your application promptly.
- Please be aware that a name-based background check will be performed by CCISD HR. Background eligibility results are reported on a shared spreadsheet with the UHCL Center for Professional Development of Teachers.
- QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO YOUR PROFESSOR FIRST RATHER THAN CALLING CCISD DIRECTLY.