The Center for Educational Programs offers one-to-one tutoring for reading, writing, spelling and study skills improvement for students in grades one through 12. Tutors are upper division School of Education students supervised by highly qualified university faculty. The center administers diagnostics tests, as necessary, to each student accepted for tutoring to determine specific strengths and needs. Parents are kept apprised of progress through meetings.
What We Offer
- Tutoring for students who are at least one, but no more than three grade levels below their actual grade level
- Tutoring for students who are reading and writing above grade level and wish to enhance their skills
- Individualized diagnostic assessments to determine strengths and needs
- A plan of action to increase each student's skills
- A final conference including a summary progress report
- Tutoring administered by trained upper division College of Education teacher candidates
- Tutors supervised by College of Education university faculty members
Spring 2021 Sessions
In an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy during this time, we are not hosting our usual spring 2021 Literacy Clinic.
We will have a remote Literacy Clinic format in the summer. Information for the June Session is now available. Click on Register Here below for more details and registration information.
We hope to return to our usual sessions in the Fall of 2021. These sessions are offered Mondays and Tuesdays from 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm. Please visit our website as fall approaches and we will have updated information regarding the Literacy Clinic. We look forward to working with your children in the near future.