Reading, Writing, and Study Skills Tutoring
The Center for Educational Programs offers one-to-one tutoring for reading, writing, spelling and study skills improvement for students in grades one through 12. Tutors are upper division School of Education students supervised by highly qualified university faculty. The center administers diagnostics tests, as necessary, to each student accepted for tutoring to determine specific strengths and needs. Parents are kept apprised of progress through meetings.
What We Offer
- Tutoring for students who are at least one, but no more than three grade levels below their actual grade level
- Tutoring for students who are reading and writing above grade level and wish to enhance their skills
- Individualized diagnostic assessments to determine strengths and needs
- A plan of action to increase each student's skills
- A final conference including a summary progress report
- Tutoring administered by trained upper division College of Education teacher candidates
- Tutors supervised by College of Education university faculty members
Fall registration is closed. Spring registration will open in November.
- Additional Registration Information Form (please complete after registering)
- Parent Information Form (PDF)
- School Information Form (PDF)
- Dr. Lillian McEnery
- Mrs. Michelle Meadows