On Campus Self-Service Laptop Checkout Kiosk for UHCL Students, Faculty, and Staff
Current UHCL students, faculty, and staff may now check out Windows laptop computers from the new self-service laptop kiosk in the Neumann Library.
- Any current UHCL student, faculty, or staff may check out a laptop
- Only one laptop checkout per person at a time
- Laptops are on a first-come, first-served basis
- Laptops are available for checkout for up to 4 hours at a time for On Campus use
- The laptops feature the same applications available in the open-access computer labs: https://www.uhcl.edu/computing/labs/software
- Laptops allow studying anywhere on campus
- Laptops are securely wiped of any personal data immediately after being checked back in
- Laptops use the latest UHCL security software and safeguards
- The kiosk is available during library business hours: https://www.uhcl.edu/library/hour
- The checkout/return process is easy using your current UHCL ID
How to checkout a laptop
- Visit the kiosk in the Neumann Library
- Select the “Checkout”
- Select “Agree” to the UHCL Terms of Service
- Scan the barcode on the back of your current UHCL ID
- The kiosk will release a laptop from one of the bays.
- Return the device to the same kiosk within 4 hours
- You will receive an automated email confirming your checkout
How to return (check-in) a laptop
- Returning to the same kiosk, insert the laptop into any available bay.
- You will receive an automated email confirming your laptop return (check-in)
- NOTE: If you return a laptop within 5 minutes of checkout, you will be prompted to select a reason for the rapid return. This prompt helps OIT to address any laptop issues promptly.
Support available Monday - Thursday, 8 AM to 7 PM and Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
- Contact the OIT Helpdesk in the Library
- Contact the OIT Support Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the OIT Support Center at 281-283-2828