Download and Install RESPONDUS
RESPONDUS is a Windows-only software application that allows you to create and import tests into Blackboard. The software is very time-saving, and is available for all faculty and staff members to use. You can download, install, and set up RESPONDUS easily on your work or home machine.
You must be an administrator of your own machine if you are installing this on campus. If you are not sure whether or not you are, or if you require installation assistance on a UHCL device, contact the Support Center.
Download RESPONDUS (updated 09/09/2023)
After you click the above link, your download should start shortly. Save the file to your computer. It is important that you install RESPONDUS as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the saved executable icon on your desktop and choose "Run As Administrator."
Make sure that you install using the default settings. Once you have successfully installed RESPONDUS, you are ready to enter the licensing information. When RESPONDUS opens, enter the following licensing information:
- Institution Name: University of Houston Clear Lake
- Local Support Contact(s):
- Installation Password: Y2407I624232571R6cbf641a1e4ef88e (Password valid through the end of: July 2024)
You will also be prompted to specify the Learning Management System "Personality". Ensure that you select either Blackboard or Canvas from the available options. NOTE: You can configure Respondus for both systems, if needed.
Once the installation is complete, you must go to the RESPONDUS folder on your computer and set security permissions there, otherwise RESPONDUS will not be able to create or work with test banks. To do this:
- Go to C:\Program Files\
- Click to the circular Windows icon at the bottom-left corner of your computer
- Choose Computer from the right side of the menu
- Choose the C drive at the top of the window
- Open the Program Files (or Program Files x86) folder
- Locate the RespondusCampus40 folder
- Right click on the folder and choose Properties
- Click on the Security tab at the top of the pop-up window
- Be sure that "Everyone" is set to "Full Control"
If you have installed Respondus Equation Editor, you will need to do the same process to that folder as well (C:\Program Files\Respondus Equation Editor).