The Course Development & Support Team supports faculty, staff and students using Blackboard Learn (UHCL's course management system) and other instructional technology tools.
Our team includes the following staff:
- Two (2) Learning Technology Administrators (LTAs), who provide Blackboard assistance to students and are responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and annual upgrade of the university's Blackboard Learn system;
- Three (3) designated Instructional Designers (IDs), who provide course design/development assistance, technical support, and related consulting to UHCL faculty and staff who use Blackboard;
- One (1) Instructional Technology Specialist, who provides instructional design support, and who maintains the team's online presence (including our blog) and provides research for the team about emerging Blackboard and Blackboard-related tools and technologies; and
- One (1) lead Instructional Designer III, who supervises the instructional designers and instructional technology specialist and plans and coordinates initiatives involving and related to Blackboard at UHCL.
Working together, the team provides services such as:
- Course-related support and general Blackboard troubleshooting for UHCL faculty, staff and students
- Course request and provisioning (OPALS) support for faculty
- Instructional design/development services (design of new online or web-supported courses, revision of existing courses, and conversions of new and/or existing courses)
- Instructional technology consultation for web-supported, partially online and fully online courses
- Blackboard training, OPALS training, and instructional design/development/delivery training
Blackboard Learn is UHCL's course/learning management system. Instructors may use Blackboard for their classes, regardless of whether they teach face-to-face (web supported), partially online, or fully online. To ensure that you are using devices, operating systems and web browsers that will support the use of Blackboard Learn, we recommend that you use the Technical Specifications link, provided in the left menu of this page, to familiarize yourself with Blackboard's supported technologies.
For questions regarding anything related to Blackboard and not addressed on this site or the Blackboard Help Site, please feel free to contact the Support Center at 281-283-2828 or by email at email@example.com. Your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate member of our team who will be happy to assist you.