Get the Technology Support You Need
UCT's Instructional Design and Technology Team supports faculty, staff and students using Blackboard Learn (UHCL's course management system) and other instructional technology tools.
Our team includes the following staff:
- Two (2) Learning Technology Administrators (LTAs), who provide Blackboard and other technical assistance to students and faculty, and are responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and annual upgrade of the university's Blackboard Learn system;
- Three (3) designated Instructional Designers (IDs), who provide course design/development assistance, technical support, and related consulting (instructional technology, active learning strategies, etc.) to UHCL faculty and staff; and
- One (1) lead Instructional Designer III, who supervises the instructional designers and learning technology administrators and plans and coordinates initiatives involving and related to instructional design and instructional technology at UHCL.
Working together, the team provides services such as:
- Course-related support and general Blackboard troubleshooting for UHCL faculty, staff and students
- Instructional design/development services (design of new online or web-supported courses, revision of existing courses, and conversions of new and/or existing courses)
- Instructional technology consultation for web-supported, partially online and fully online courses
- Blackboard training, instructional technology training, and instructional design/development/delivery training
Blackboard Learn is UHCL's course/learning management system. Instructors may use Blackboard for their classes, regardless of whether they teach face-to-face (web supported), partially online, or fully online. To ensure that you are using devices, operating systems and web browsers that will support the use of Blackboard Learn, we recommend that you use the Browser Checker link, provided on the Blackboard login page, before each Blackboard session.
For questions regarding anything related to instructional design, instructional technology, or Blackboard and not addressed on this site or the Blackboard Help Site, please feel free to contact the Support Center at 281-283-2828 or by email at email@example.com. Your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate member of our team who will be happy to assist you.