Instructional Design and Technology
Get the Technology Support You Need
OIT's Instructional Design and Technology Team supports faculty, staff and students using UHCL's learning management systems and other instructional technology tools. To learn more about the team and our services, you can review our online OIT Instructional Design and Technology Team Service Guide.
Our team includes the following staff:
- Two (2) Learning Technology Administrators (LTAs), who provide LMS and related instructional technology assistance to students and faculty, and are responsible for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and updates to UHCL's instructional technology systems (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Ally, Zoom, Echo360);
- Four (4) designated Instructional Designers (IDs), who provide course design/development assistance, technical support, and related consulting (instructional technology, active learning strategies, etc.) to UHCL faculty and staff; and
- One (1) Director, Technology Learning Services, who supervises the IDT team.
Working together, the team provides services such as:
- Course-related support and troubleshooting for UHCL faculty, staff and students using Canvas, Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Ally, Zoom, Echo360, Scantron, and related applications and tools.
- Instructional design/development services (design of new online or web-supported courses, revision of existing courses, and conversions of new and/or existing courses).
- Instructional technology consultation for web-supported, partially online and fully online courses.
- LMS training, instructional technology training, and instructional design/development/delivery training.
UHCL is currently transitioning from Blackboard Learn to Canvas as the university's course/learning management system. During the FA23 semester, some classes will use Canvas, while others remain in Blackboard. Beginning with the SP24 term, Canvas will be the only system available.
For more information about our team and services, please review our IDT Guide for Faculty. For questions regarding anything related to instructional design, instructional technology, Canvas, or Blackboard and not addressed on this site or our other support pages, please feel free to contact the Support Center at 281-283-2828 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate member of our team who will be happy to assist you.