32nd Annual Chili Cook-Off
Thank you for all of those who attended and participated in the 32nd Annual Chili Cook-Off! The Hawk Spirit and Traditions Council and Office of Student Involvement and Leadership loved getting to host this event and share our hawk pride! For those who don't know, the Chili Cook-Off is the longest-standing tradition at UHCL. The event is held every spring, typically in April. All students, faculty, staff and the community are welcome to campus for chili tastings, food, music and fun. Members of the university and alumni can form teams and submit their chili recipes for a chance at bragging rights. And to add to the fun, Hunter, our beloved mascot, celebrates his birthday at the cook-off! Hunter turned 10 this year and we went big! We hope that you can come celebrate with us again next year! This is a great opportunity to bring your family and friends to show them what UHCL is all about.
2023 Chili Cook-Off Winners
At the event, we have many different contests for teams to win. The winners of this years Cook-Off are listed below!
A secret panel of judges are selected to vote on the teams best chili and most spirited booths.
- Most Spirited Booth: Chili Con Beso-Bilingual Education Student Organization
- 1st Place Judged Chili: Bring the Heat Safety Professionals-Society of Industrial Hygienists and Safety Professionals
- 2nd Place Judged Chili: The AMA-American Marketing Association
- 3rd Place Judged Chili: Flamin' Hawk Chili Squad-Student Leadership Retreat
Popular Vote Categories:
Those who attend the Chili Cook-Off can purchasing Tasting Kits to vote on the Best Chili, Best Booth and Cook's Choice.
- Best Chili: The AMA-American Marketing Association
- Best Booth: Mario Party-Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Cook's Choice: Chile Cha Cha Cha!-Student Government
Student Org Award:
This goes to the Student Organization with the highest judged chili and booth!
- This years' winner is... Bring the Heat Safety Professionals-Society of Industrial Hygienists and Safety Professionals.
We are so thankful for all of those who participated in the Chili Cook-Off. The teams were amazing and really embodied the hawk spirit!
To view all of the fun pictures, please check out our Facebook Album linked below.Directions to UHCL
Thank you all so much for attending my birthday celebration! My birthday party was the best ever! I can't wait to see what is in-store for next year! -Hunter the Hawk