College of Business
Lifei (Fay) Sheng is an assistant professor of decision sciences who teaches statistics and management science. Before joining UHCL, she received a Ph.D. in management science from the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia in 2017 and a Bachelor of Science in applied mathematics from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2012.
Sheng’s current research interests include operations management in the digital economy (mobile games and apps in particular), contract theory, mechanism design, pricing and revenue management. Her work has been published in journals such as Operations Research Letters. She is a member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS).
L. Sheng, H. Zheng, Y. Rong, W.T. Huh (2015). "Flexible System Design: A Perspective
from Service Levels." Operations Research Letters, 43(3), 219–225
L. Sheng, D. Granot, W.T. Huh, M. Nagarajan (2016). "A Dynamic Price-Only Contract: Exact and Asymptotic Results." Operations Research Letters, 45(6), 620-624
- Operations management in the digital economy
- Contract theory
- Game theory
- Pricing and revenue management
- L. Guang, L. Sheng, D. Zhan. "How Free is Free Shipping? The Implications of Topping-up Behavior on E-Commerce Shipping Policies" (Preparing manuscript)
- L. Sheng, C.T. Ryan. "Allocating 'Free' in Social Networks with Externalities"
- L. Sheng, C.T. Ryan. "Designing Services in the Phase of Churn"
Awards and Accomplishments
- Killam Graduate Teaching Award, 2017
- Dean Earle D. MacPhee Memorial Fellowship, 2012-2015
- Edward and Miriam Silber Memorial Graduate Scholarship, 2012
- Sauder School of Business Graduate Award, 2012
- China National Scholarship (one of two winners among 78 students), 2010-2012
- China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling, first prize in Shanghai (19,490 teams participated), 2011
- Shanghai Educational Development Foundation’s Suntory Corporation Scholarship (only winner among 100 students), 2009