Ashish Chandra, Ph.D.
Professor of Healthcare Administration,
College of Business
Professor Ashish Chandra is a professor of healthcare administration. He also served
as the department chair for over four years.
Dr. Chandra has over 25 years of university level teaching experience in the U.S. He is an internationally known healthcare administration academician and has served as an external program evaluator for many institutions in the U.S. and abroad. He serves on the academic advisory board of several educational institutions in Turkey and India.
Dr. Chandra had the distinct honor of being the commencement speaker at the 2018 December commencement of University of Houston-Clear Lake. He has also been a keynote speaker at numerous international conferences.
Dr. Chandra is a prolific researcher and has over 75 publications in refereed journals, three edited books, a dozen book chapters, and over 250 publications in conference proceedings. He is the editor-in-chief of the journal "Hospital Topics" (the oldest journal in healthcare administration field - over 100 years in existence). He has served on the editorial board of about a dozen international journals and has also served as a guest editor for the journals: "Health Marketing Quarterly" and "Management Decision."
Prof. Chandra has served as the president of four major international academic organizations:
- The Business and Health Administration Association
- The Association of Collegiate Marketing Educators
- The MBAA International
- The Federation of Business Disciplines
He has also served as the program chair of over a dozen major international conferences, held in U.S., India, Turkey, and U.K. as well as aboard cruise ships in the Caribbean, Alaska, Baltics, Mediterranean, China/Japan, and Iceland/Ireland.
Awards and Accomplishments
- 2017 Excellence in Teaching Award by the National Society for Leadership Success.
- 2015 Outstanding Professor Award given by University of Houston - Clear Lake Alumni Association.
- 2012 American College of Healthcare Executives Service Award.
- 2011 Outstanding Educator Award from the Association of Collegiate Marketing Educators.
- Irwin-McGraw Hill Distinguished Paper Award at three different international conferences.