The College of Business Office of Academic Advising is supporting students mainly through virtual and remote service options with minimal in-person staffing.
Appointments must be scheduled at least a day in advance. Academic advisors are providing services through the following methods:
- Video appointments through Zoom
- Phone appointments
- Email appointments
- Limited in-person appointments
Schedule an Appointment
Current students may view appointment availability and schedule with their assigned academic advisor through the Navigate App.
For additional assistance, email your assigned academic advisor or call 281-283-3110.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
We want to provide you the necessary tools to succeed at UHCL.
- Candidate Plan of Study
- Student Forms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional Advising Resources
- Texas Medical Center Advising
All undergraduate students are assigned an academic advisor when they are admitted to their program of study. To schedule an appointment, download the Navigate mobile app.
If you are an incoming undergraduate transfer student entering your first semester at UHCL with 12 or more hours, you will first connect with the Transfer Advising Office.
As a new transfer student, you will be required to complete the transfer advising process prior to registering for classes. Visit the Admitted Transfer Student page for more information.
If you have questions about your experience as an international student at UHCL, you should connect with International Advising. The International Advisors within the Office of International Admissions and Programs can assist you with questions about full-time enrollment requirements, restrictions on working in the U.S., traveling around the U.S. and other rules and responsibilities connected to your immigration status.
For questions related to your chosen undergraduate major, you should connect with your assigned academic advisor. All undergraduate students should download the Navigate mobile app to schedule an advising appointment.
If you are a graduate student then you should connect with the college advising center to determine your advising options.
We are here to support your academic achievements! To schedule an advising appointment, you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 281-283-3110.
- Twana Walker, MS - Director of Academic Advising: email@example.com, 281-283-3113
- Majors: MS Finance
- Sarah Rose Ali, MA - Senior Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-212-1720
- Majors: Healthcare Administration, MHA/MBA, Healthcare Services
- Hien Franklin, MBA - Senior Academic Advisor: email@example.com, 281-283-3136
- Majors: BS Finance, MBA, Management of Technology Certificate
- Melissa Meléndez, MSW - Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-283-3126
- Majors: General Business
- Toni Rico, MS - Senior Academic Advisor: email@example.com, 281-283-3112
- Majors: Environmental Management, Environmental Management Certificate, Management Information Systems Certificate, Management Information Systems, Marketing
- Jaime Sosa, MBA - Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-283-3117
- Majors: Human Resources Certificate, Human Resource Management, Legal Studies, Management
- Patavia Whaley, MHR - Senior Academic Advisor: email@example.com, 281-283-3115
- Majors: Accounting, Professional Accounting