While the university is operating under Code 2 conditions, the College of Business Office of Academic Advising will support students mainly through virtual and remote service options with minimal in-person staffing.
Appointments must be scheduled at least a day in advance. No walk-in appointments permitted.
Academic advisors are providing services through the following preferred and recommended methods:
- Video appointments through Zoom
- Phone appointments
- Email appointments
While not suggested for the safety of students and staff, the office does offer limited in-person appointment availability.
Schedule an Appointment
Current students may schedule an appointment with their assigned academic advisor through the Navigate App. For additional assistance, please email your assigned academic advisor or call 281-283-3110.
For university and health alert updates related to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the UHCL Health Alert webpage.
We want to provide you the necessary tools to succeed at UHCL.
All undergraduate students are assigned an academic advisor when they are admitted to their program of study. To schedule an appointment, download the Navigate mobile app.
If you are an incoming undergraduate transfer student entering your first semester
at UHCL with 12 or more hours, you should contact Transfer Advising or Off-campus Advising if you intend to take classes at the Pearland campus or Texas Medical Center.
As a new transfer student, you will be required to attend an advising session prior to registering for classes. We do this to ensure you have a smooth transition from your previous institution to UHCL. Your adviser will work collaboratively with you to develop a realistic course load and recommend appropriate classes for your chosen major in your initial semester.
If you have questions about your experience as an international student at UHCL, you should connect with International Advising. The International Advisers within the Office of International Admissions and Programs can assist you with questions about full-time enrollment requirements, restrictions on working in the U.S., traveling around the U.S. and other rules and responsibilities connected to your immigration status.
For questions related to your chosen undergraduate major, you should connect with your assigned academic adviser. All undergraduate students should download the Navigate mobile app to schedule an advising appointment.
If you are a graduate student then you should connect with the college advising center to determine your advising options.
We are here to support your academic achievements! To schedule an advising appointment, you can email at email@example.com or call us at 281-283-3110.
- Sarah Rose Ali, MA - Senior Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-212-1720
- Majors: Healthcare Administration, MHA/MBA and Healthcare Services
- Hien Franklin, MBA — Senior Academic Advisor: email@example.com, 281-283-3136
- Majors: MBA, MS Finance, Management of Technology Certificate and temporarily advising General Business
- Toni Rico, MS — Senior Academic Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-283-3112
- Majors: Environmental Management, Management Information Systems and temporarily advising Marketing
- Jaime Sosa, MBA - Academic Advisor: email@example.com, 281-283-3117
- Majors: Human Resource Management, Legal Studies, Management
- Patavia Whaley, MHR — Senior Academic Advisor: whaleyp@uhcledu, 281-283-3115
- Majors: Accounting, Professional Accounting and BS Finance
College of Business Advising Office Hours
Monday- Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.