Congratulations, welcome to the Hawk family! We're ready to help you prepare for your transition to University of Houston-Clear Lake.
While the student visit experience has changed, we remain dedicated to helping you connect with us. Visit Campus Virtually
Start Your Journey
First things first: expand the menus based on your level to check out next steps for advising, orientation and enrolling in classes. If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 281-283-2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the University of Houston-Clear Lake as a first-year student! Every incoming student is required to complete two-step orientation process.
All new undergraduate freshman students with 0-29 college credit hours or students entering college for the first time after high school graduation.
Attend New Student Registration Day!
Fall 2022 Registration Days
- Saturday, May 21 - Registration Closed, please select another date.
- Friday, June 3
- Saturday, June 18
- Friday, July 15
- Saturday, July 23
- Thursday, August 11
During the New Student Registration Day you will meet with a team of academic advisors who will give you the tools to help you plan your first semester courses. Additionally, you will connect and attend breakout sessions with Academic Deans, Faculty, Financial Aid, Student Housing, and Student Orientation Leaders to help you prepare and learn about all aspects of campus life and student resources.
Sign up today, capacity is limited. RSVPs are required to attend the event.
Register By Phone: To register or speak with the admissions team by phone, please call 281-283-2500 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Preparing for your Registration Day
- Bacterial Meningitis Immunizations - If you are under age 22, you must get your bacterial meningitis vaccination and provide proof of vaccination. This is required before you can register for courses at UHCL. Send in your meningitis vaccine documentation to Clear Hold/Service Indictor. This step needs to be completed in order to register for classes.
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI) - Newly admitted students must show they are already proficient in reading, writing and math, or take the TSI Assessment before enrolling in college-level courses. Send in final transcript from your high school, college and/or AP scores to Clear Hold/Service Indictor. This step needs to be completed in order to register for classes.
- Complete the Advanced Math Placement Test, if applicable - This is used to determine the appropriate math courses in which to place you. The AMPT is advised if your degree plan requires MATH 2413, Calculus I or higher. If you already earned college math credit (including dual credit, AP, or CLEP), connect with your academic advisor before taking the AMPT.
- Send all completed college credit, including high school, dual credit, early college transcripts, and any AP or CLEP scores. If you have any college credit in progress, let your advisor know.
- Explore majors - Use the free MyMajors Quiz to share your strengths and interests, and get a list of top 10 best-fit majors for you at UHCL.
Register/Enroll for Classes
Lift Off: New Student Orientation (Mandatory)
Fall 2022 Lift Off: New Student Orientation
- August 17-19
Learn about campus life and student resources, connect with other Hawks and more. Orientation is mandatory for all new students.
During this two-day orientation session, you will learn about all aspects of campus life, tour campus, connect with professors, meet other incoming students and more before you begin classes. Sign up for Lift Off: New Student Orientation in E-Services. For detailed instructions, visit the E-Services How-to Guides for Orientation.
We do not require an enrollment deposit. However, we do require a one-time, non-refundable orientation fee of $60, due at the time of attendance of orientation. Email Orientation and New Student Programs at email@example.com or call at 281-283-2420 for questions with orientation sign up and payment.
Welcome to the University of Houston-Clear Lake as a transfer student!
New Incoming Transfer Students that have completed 30 or more college hours after high school graduation.
Attend Transfer Student Orientation (Mandatory)
Fall 2022 Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)
- Thursday, May 26
- Tuesday, June 21
- Wednesday, July 20
Log in to E-Services
This is your student portal to manage your enrollment at UHCL. Check out these student how-to guides to get familiar with E-Services. Then, log in to view and clear any holds. For detailed instructions, visit the E-Services How-to Guide for Viewing Holds.
If no holds are shown, no action is needed and you can head to the next step!
Sign Up for Orientation
Learn about campus life and student resources, connect with other Hawks and more. Orientation includes an optional Pre-Orientation and mandatory Transfer Student Orientation (TSO).
- Pre-Orientation (optional) - During this personalized appointment with a UHCL Orientation Leader, you will get answers to your questions, review university resources and learn what to expect as a new student. Register for Pre-Orientation using the Navigate App.
- TSO (mandatory) - During this orientation session, you will learn about all aspects of campus life, tour campus, connect with professors, meet other incoming students and more before you begin classes. Sign up for TSO in E-Services. For detailed instructions, visit the E-Services How-to Guides for Orientation.
Schedule Transfer Advising
Connect with a transfer advisor where you'll learn about advising tools, transfer credits, and how to enroll in your first semester at UHCL. For next steps, visit the admitted transfer advising program webpage.
Preparing for Registration and Advising
- Transferring credit - Each student that sends a college transcript/credit will receive an official course-by-course credit evaluation, which is usually completed at the time of admission. You can view your Transfer Credit Report in E-Services. For detailed instructions, visit the E-Services How-to Guide for for Viewing Transfer Credit Reports. If you have any pending college credit (including dual credit, AP, or CLEP), send your official final transcripts showing final grades/scores to the Office of Admissions.
- Bacterial Meningitis Immunizations - If you are under age 22, you must get your bacterial meningitis vaccination and provide proof of vaccination. This is required before you can register for courses at UHCL.
Register/Enroll in Classes
After your advising session, you can enroll in classes. We do not require an enrollment deposit. The sooner you enroll, the better chance you have at enrolling in the class times you want. Open registration for courses begins in November for the spring semester and April for the summer and fall semesters. Check out dates and deadlines online. Log in to E-Services to enroll.
For detailed instructions, visit the E-Services How-to Guide for Adding Classes.
Graduate students are seeking a master's or doctorate degree after receiving a bachelor's degree. Academic advisors located within each college provide advising and information on degree requirements for graduate students.
Please use the Navigate App to schedule an appointment with your assigned college advisor.
Military and Veteran Students
In addition to the processes and resources outlined above for you as a freshman, transfer, or graduate student, UHCL's military and veteran services office can help you access benefits and other support.
Get Money for Your Education
Apply for Financial Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using the school code: 011711. The 2021-22 application is now available. For the best chance at getting aid, apply by the priority deadline of January 15.
Accepting Aid - After you apply, The Office of Student Financial Aid will process your application and let you know if you are offered aid, what type of aid you are offered, and how much. You can accept all, some or none of the aid you are offered. Financial aid is first applied to cover tuition and fees, and any remainder of funds is given to you as a refund. Review Financial Aid in E-Services. For detailed instructions, view the E-Services How-to guides for financial aid.
FAFSA Verification - It is very common for students to be selected for the financial aid verification process, but not every student is selected. If you are selected for verification, log in to E-Services to view your required documents and next steps. Check out Financial Aid FAQs for more information about verification.
Apply for UHCL Scholarships - UHCL offers scholarships based on need and academic achievement.
- Freshman scholarships include the Hawk Advantage Scholarship, New Hawk Scholarship, and Mechanical Engineering Scholarship.
- Transfer student scholarships include the Automatic Transfer Scholarship.
- Graduate student scholarships include the Hawk Scholars Scholarship.
Most scholarships require you to have a FAFSA on file at UHCL to be eligible. Before applying through E-Services, it is important to review application criteria and apply before the final deadlines.
Live on Campus
Apply to live in on campus in one of two options:
Hunter Residence Hall
Our newest on-campus living community gives you a traditional college experience in a modern living space at the heart of campus. You have easy access to campus events and resources to live, learn and engage. Apply to Live in Hunter Residence Hall.
University Forest Apartments (UFA)
Enjoy apartment-style living with spacious individual rooms, community amenities, and resident events designed to bring the community together to mix and meet. More Info on UFA.
Prepare for Your Semester
After you enroll in classes, get ready for a great semester with a few more steps.
- Before Your First Day
Pay for Your Classes
Get Your Hawk ID Card
Your Hawk ID card is needed to enter the Recreation and Wellness Center, print documents in the computer lab, and enter Hunter Residence Hall if you are a resident.
Buy a Parking Permit
Parking permits are required for students to park on campus. You can choose from an annual permit or a semester permit.
Check out a campus map and familiarize yourself with campus buildings and parking lots to find your classes.
Get your Textbooks
Visit the UHCL Campus Store in the Bayou Building or online to search for and purchase textbooks, snacks and UHCL gear.
Log in to Your Online Classes
Check Important Dates
Access the academic calendar for important semester dates and deadlines.
Enjoy Weeks of Welcome
Join us as we kick off the start of the semester during Weeks of Welcome, a series of campus events to meet other students, learn about UHCL, grab some free prizes, play games and more.
Find Your Enrollment Counselor
Our admission counselors are ready to connect with you, one-on-one, in a virtual setting. Discuss next steps and get all your questions answered.