Important COVID-19 Update
We are offering services in person and virtually.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 281-283-3071 to connect with our staff or get more information about our services.
We are committed to continuing to serve our students in the safest way possible. For more information related to COVID-19, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert page.
Fall 2022 Certification Requests Are Currently Being Processed.
Remember, if you wish to use benefits for Fall you must submit a certification request specific to your benefit. Please allow 30 days from time of submission for processing. Due to high volume peak periods, certification times will vary.
Important Updates: Summer Terms
The following information is per UHCL's Undergraduate/Graduate catalog. A student’s enrollment status is determined by the number of credit hours for which the student is enrolled at UHCL each semester.
Undergraduate Full-Time/Part-Time Status Course Load
- Full-Time Enrollment - 12 hours or more
- Three-Quarter Time Enrollment - 9 hours to 11 hours
- Half-Time Enrollment - 6 hours to 8 hours
- Less Than Half-Time Enrollment - 5 hours or less
Graduate Full-Time/Part-Time Status Course Load
- Full-Time Enrollment - 9 hours or more
- Three-Quarter Time Enrollment - 7 hours to 8 hours
- Half-Time Enrollment - 5 hours to 6 hours
- Less Than Half-Time Enrollment - 4 hours or less
For the summer term, all hours are added together between sessions to arrive at the total number of hours for the summer.
When enrolled in a cooperative education course, students will be considered full time for purposes of enrollment verification. The above hours requirement may differ for financial aid purposes. Please review the section of the catalog on financial aid or contact the Office of Financial Aid.
- The Veterans Services website can now be found in the Academic and Admissions tab, as part of the drop-down menu.
- If you are called to active duty for military services, please review our Activation and Active Deployment page, as well as the University of Houston System's active duty policy.
Thank you for your service to our country. University of Houston-Clear Lake believes it is our duty, honor and privilege to assist you with obtaining the education you deserve. At the Capt. Wendell M. Wilson Office of Military and Veteran Services, you will receive crucial help, advice, educational support and career counseling - and we will provide assistance with securing your VA benefits and taking advantage of all they can provide you.
Veterans Resources at UHCL
UHCL provides a wide range of degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels to meet a variety of interests and career objectives. Class times across campus are conducive to students who work full-time jobs to support their families, including multiple degree programs that are exclusively online or primarily in the evening. We want to help you achieve your educational goals.