The Testing Center is located in the Bayou Building in room 1408. The address for the University is 2700 Bay Area Boulevard Houston, Texas 77058-1002.
Visitors should park in Lot R and curb spaces throughout campus (marked by signs) are designated as the University's primary visitor parking areas. Parking in these areas requires the display of temporary visitor's permit. On campus, visitor permits may be purchased at Parking Kiosks throughout campus. The locations of these kiosks are indicated via signage along campus roads. The Parking Kiosks only accept debit and credit cards.
The Testing Center offers several different types of testing. Currently, they include
- Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Advanced Math Placement
- Proctoring Services for Non-UHCL Students
The Testing Center accepts checks, cash, and credit/debit cards.
A current, photo identification is required for ALL testing.Other necessary documentation depends on the test title you are taking. Check test requirements for that particular exam to verify.
Examinees are not allowed to bring unauthorized items into the testing area. Items NOT PERMITTED in the Testing Room include:
- cameras or recording devices
- cell phones (including iPhones and smartphones)
- digital watches and watches with calculator functions
- food, beverages, gum, candy and tobacco products
- hats (except those for worn for religious purposes)
- listening devices (radios, headphones, recorders)
- mechanical pencils
- notes or books
- paper of any kind
- study materials
- wireless communication devices of any kind (PDAs, tablet PCs, iPods, iPads)
Personal belongings must be left in the lockers. Lockers have limited space, so plan accordingly when bringing items into the Testing Center.
Please contact the Testing Center for detailed instructions.