Resources for Online Students at UHCL
We are honored that you selected UHCL for your online degree. Academic advisors are available to provide assistance with a variety of academic related questions. To schedule an appointment, utilize the Navigate app.
Additional Assistance for Online Students
Accessibility Support Center
- Download forms to initially register with the office.
- Request accommodations.
- Request textbooks in alternative formats.
- Read an e-book on career planning and job information.
- Use an online career exploration tool.
- Search for available jobs and post your résumé on Jobs4Hawks.
- Download Cooperative Education information and forms.
- Search for an on-campus job.
- Find remote career appointments using Skype.
- Participate in free, online, anonymous screenings for depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar disorder, eating disorders and alcohol abuse.
- Download self-help pamphlets on various topics.
- Use and download relaxation and mindfulness exercises to help reduce stress.
Dean of Students
- Access the Student Policy Handbook.
- Request an appointment.
- Find resources regarding plagiarism/correct documentation tips.
- Report if someone’s health or safety is at risk (CARE).
- Submit a complaint or question.
- Discover Title IX (Sexual Misconduct/Awareness) resources and Crossroads training information.
- Seek assistance in managing E-Services, class registration, transcript requests, and general university business functions.
- Access Academic Blue – Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Insurance information.
- Enroll for Student Health Insurance using a credit card or a check.
- Get your flu shot or other vaccines.
Orientation and New Student Programs
- Learn about orientation dates.
- Find friends and family resources.
- Access resources for new students.
- View the calendar of upcoming events.
- Learn about becoming an orientation leader.
Student Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- View Annual Events Calendar
- Register for first-generation, women, LGBTQ+, and other programs and groups.
- Access information and learn how to volunteer in the following:
- Resources and programs for a variety of diverse students
- Diversity Leadership Development
- Guidance for Professional Workshops
Involvement and Engagement
- Access information about the following:
- Student organizations, Student Government and Campus Activities Board (CAB) events
- Student organization contact form, Organization Recognition application, and SG forms
- UHCL Day of Service and other volunteer opportunities
- Student Leadership Conference and Student Leadership Retreat
- Services and events offered by Campus Recreation
- Student ID cards and UHCL Courtesy Shuttle Bus
Access issues of the university's award-winning student newspaper, The Signal.
Student Success Center
- Review and schedule tutorial appointments.
- Check Supplemental Instruction schedule.
- Complete academic coaching referrals.
- Attend online tutoring appointments for all supported subjects/classes.
- Make an appointment for face-to-face, phone or online tutoring.
- Register for workshops.
- Participate in synchronous chat tutoring.
- Download tip sheets, writing guides and PowerPoint presentations.
Access information about and register for standardized tests such as the LSAT, MAT, Quick THEA and THEA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students can order textbooks online from the UHCL Bookstore. Ordering online allows you to specify your delivery method, either shipped to you or held for in-store pickup. A confirmation email is sent when the order has been processed.
No. Tuition does not differ for online, web-enhanced or face-to-face courses.
Visit the Office of Student Financial Aid for questions regarding student financial aid and loans.
Visit the Capt. Wendell M. Wilson Office of Military and Veteran Services for questions regarding VA benefits.
Yes. However, due privacy issues, some services may not be fully available online. For example, students requesting personal counseling may have to travel to the UHCL Counseling Services department to receive counseling services.
Yes. Academic advisors are available for off-campus students.
Yes. Instructors have assigned office hours and students may meet with instructors during office hours or may schedule an appointment with the instructor. Students should check the course syllabus through Blackboard to view instructors' assigned office hours.
Tuition payments may be made online through E-Services. Students will need to have a student ID number, password and credit card to pay for courses online.
Library services are available online. Students have borrowing privileges and have access to library catalogs and online databases.
Web-enhanced courses are face-to-face classes that may have between one and seven meetings replaced with Web activities.
Students should consult the Student Policy Handbook for procedures on filing a grievance with an instructor.
Yes. Students may request assistance by contacting Accessibility Support Center.
No. Students not officially enrolled in an off-campus course may not attend an off-campus course sections.
Yes. Academic advisors are available to meet students at off-campus locations. Contact your academic advisor to schedule an appointment
Candidate Plans of Study are emailed to students via their UHCL Student Email Accounts. However, students may obtain a copy by contacting the appropriate academic advisor.
The Healthcare Administration Bachelor of Science degree may be completed through a combination of courses taken at the Texas Medical Center (online) and at UHCL Texas Medical Center. Both MBA and MHA/MBA graduate program can be completed at UHCL Texas Medical Center.
Both University of Houston-Clear Lake at Pearland and UHCL Texas Medical Center provide computer labs.
Information on parking at UHCL Texas Medical Center is available at Texas Medical Center's parking page.
Many TMC employers provide tuition reimbursement for employees. However, you will need to contact your human resources department to determine whether you are eligible for tuition reimbursement through your employer.