Learn to Be an Effective Program Leader
Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to become an effective director or administrator of a high-quality early childhood program by getting an Early Childhood Leadership Certificate from University of Houston-Clear Lake. Completing this program will earn you a National Director Credential from the McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership.
By completing this certification, you will:
- Be recognized by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) has having met the director qualifications for NAEYC program accreditation.
- Meet the education requirement to become a licensed director in the state of Texas and can apply for your Texas Child-Care Centers Director's Certificate.
- Meet the 4-star Director Qualifications for the Texas Rising Star quality rating and improvement system for Texas early childhood programs.
- Demonstrate to employers that you possess a strong commitment and expertise in early childhood leadership.
Flexibility to Fit Your Schedule
The UHCL Early Childhood Leadership Certificate is available fully online and may be taken as a part of the following degrees at UHCL:
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Bachelor of Applied Science – Interdisciplinary Studies: Educator of Young Children
- Master of Science in Early Childhood Education
For those not ready to complete their degree just yet, the UHCL Early Childhood Leadership
Certificate program may be completed as a stand-alone certificate and later applied
to one of the Early Childhood focused bachelor’s degrees or the Master of Science
in Early Childhood Education degree at UHCL.
Make the most of a hectic schedule and study from home or the office through UHCL Online, offering the same level of excellence for more than 20 undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs.
Accreditations and Distinctions
The College of Education is accredited by the State Board for Educator Certification/Texas Education Agency.
We’ve earned national recognition for accomplishment and innovation, including the Christa McAuliffe Award for Excellence in Teacher Education.