Become the Leader Your Company Needs
Being in management means learning how to lead – and to lead effectively. By pursuing a Leadership concentration from the UHCL College of Business, you're choosing to strengthen the quality of your education and your business acumen. Through courses that instruct you on the finer points of ethics, various leadership styles, organizational infrastructure, and contemporary leadership techniques, your MBA will serve you well in the office and the boardroom.
Leadership for the 21st Century
The accelerated MBA at UHCL is perfect for the active professional looking to maximize the return on your investment. The courses for our 36 credit-hour program run for 8 weeks each.
- Full-time, 14 months: 2 courses per 8-week term across the fall, spring and summer semesters
- Part-time, 28 months: 1 courses per 8-week tern across the fall, spring and summer semesters
We've also made going to class more convenient for your busy life by developing our hybrid format where half the coursework is online and the other half is face-to-face.
Furthermore, qualified applicants to this program can earn a waiver from needing to take the GRE, GMAT or similar standardized test.
- Business Administration MBA
Admission DeadlineStandard Graduate Admission Deadline
ApplicationA standard university application is required.
Criteria that require submission of a standardized test score:
Less than 3.000 cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework and submission of GMAT score.
Criteria that waive a standardized test requirement:
- 3.000 cumulative GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework; and Earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a country where English is the native language or from an accredited college or university in a country on the SBEC-approved list of countries; or
- Earned a graduate or professional degree from a country where English is the native language or on the SBEC-approved list of countries; or
- Earned a Ph.D., M.D., Ed.D., D.D.S. or J.D. from accredited U.S. institution (or U.S. licensure).
Each course of study in the College of Business here at University of Houston-Clear
Lake has specific degree requirements you must fulfill to graduate. Find out more
Start your college budget today with a look at possible costs for your degree from the UHCL College of Business.
Tuition and FeesNet Price CalculatorFee Schedule Calculator
Deadlines for Applying
- Graduate Deadlines
Spring 2021New Degree-Seeking Students - January 5
Former UHCL Students - January 5
Summer 2021New Degree-Seeking Students - May 1
Former UHCL Students - May 25
Fall 2021New Degree-Seeking Students - August 1
Former UHCL Students - August 18
Please note, some graduate programs have special requirements and different deadlines from those above. For more information visit How to Apply.
Former UHCL Students and non-degree seeking students applying after the deadlines above may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the appropriate graduate enrollment counselor for more information.
- International Deadlines
Priority – March 1
Final – June 1
Priority – August 1
Final – November 1
Priority – February 1
Final – April 20
Students interested in qualifying for scholarships &/or applying for visas outside the U.S. should apply and submit the application documents/test scores by the priority deadline
*International freshmen applicants will not be accepted for Summer semester.
Accreditations and Distinctions
The UHCL MBA program is ranked among the best MBA programs in Texas 2020 by College Consensus.