Commencement Volunteer Sign-up
We are gearing up to celebrate our next class of UHCL alumni for our class of 2020 and spring 2021 in person commencement ceremony on December 4, 2021, as well as our fall 2021 commencement ceremony on December 12, 2021, both located at Minute Maid Park.
There will be two ceremonies on each day. Approximately 30 volunteers are needed for each of our two ceremonies to help welcome families and friends to the venue, distribute programs, direct guests to seats, help students check in, assist students needing special accommodations, or other needs that may arise.
Commencement date and times
- December 4, Noon Ceremony
- December 4, 5 p.m. Ceremony
- December 12, Noon Ceremony
- December 12, 5 p.m. Ceremony
Please join the following volunteer training session.
- December 2: 2 p.m., virtual meeting
Meeting information is not specific to any particular ceremony.
- For the noon ceremonies, we ask volunteers to arrive by 8 a.m. at Minute Maid Park. If they are only working the noon ceremony, then they are done at 12:15 p.m. when it begins.
- For the 5 p.m. ceremonies, we ask volunteers to arrive by 2 p.m. at Minute Maid Park, they are done between 5:30-6 p.m..
Shuttle service for Commencement
The Office of the Registrar will provide shuttle service to and from UHCL and Minute Maid Park for both ceremonies. If you have additional questions or concerns please contact the Office of the Registrar at 281-283-2525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.