Skip Top Navigation

Apply for Graduation

  • Fall 2023 Graduation Application Deadlines
  • Sep. 1 - Oct. 1, 2023 
    Online Graduation Application Available
  • Oct. 2-20, 2023 
    Online Late Graduation Application Available

How to Apply for Graduation from UHCL

You've finished the class projects and completed the last late-night study session. What's next? Graduation. Complete the formal graduation application process to ensure that you can attend commencement and receive the diploma you so richly deserve.

The Online Application Process

Like most processes at UHCL, applying for graduation from UHCL starts by logging into your E-Services account.

  1. Go to Degree Progress/Graduation.

  2. Select "Apply for Graduation."

  3. Select your current Academic Program.
    1. College of Education students seeking only a Teacher Certification do not need to submit a graduation application.
    2. For more clarification, please contact the College of Education at 281-283-3600.
  4. Select your Expected Graduation Term and click Continue.
    1. You will not be able to select a future term for graduation.
  5. Verify your Diploma Name.

  6. Answer all questions completely.
    1. Please note: If you have current enrollment at another institution, you will be required to include your course information.
  7. When you have completely filled out the form, select "Continue."

  8. Verify submitted information. At this time, you may return to an early portion of the application to change a term or your program.

  9. Select "Submit Application."

Graduate students: If you have two programs from which you are graduating, repeat this process for the other program. An application fee will be assessed for each program.

Pay Your Graduation Application Fee

So, you've submitted your application in E-Services, but up pops a box saying that you need to pay your application fee. Don't fret – we can help you complete that step as well.

  1. Select "OK" to accept $90 fee.
    1. Late applications will be assessed a $20 late fee.
    2. Review the Academic Calendar for application deadlines.
  2. Select "Go to Payment" to make your payment for your graduation application.

At this juncture, if you have a refund pending or available financial aid, your graduation application fee will be deducted, and you do not need to make a payment. You may also wish to check your "Charges Due" – because if you have any of these, you most likely won't be able to graduate. Otherwise, proceed to make a payment as follows.

  1. Complete credit card and billing address information.

  2. Read and accept the "Refund Policy Disclosure Statement."

  3. Select "Next" to continue.

  4. For Amount, enter "$90" and select "Next."
    1. Late applications will be assessed a $20 late fee.
  5. Confirm submitted information. You may make corrections at this time.

  6. Enter your E-Services User ID and Password.

  7. Select "Validate Authentication" and then "Submit."

  8. To review payment, select "View Confirmed Payment."

How to Receive Your Diploma

If you want your diploma to be mailed to an address other than your current mailing address on file with E-Services, complete the following steps:

  1. Log into E-Services.

  2. Go to "Campus Personal Information."

  3. Select "Addresses."

  4. Select "Add a New Address."

  5. Enter address information.

  6.  Select "OK."

  7.  Verify and accept corrections.

  8. Select from Address Types – Diploma.

  9. Select "Save."

How to Change the Name on Your Diploma

Personal information change requests should be submitted prior to the close of the term in which you are applying to graduate.

  1. To have a name other than the name on your student record printed on your diploma, you will need to complete the Personal Information Change Form.

  2. If you are adding a name that is not on your student record, you will need to provide documentation. Acceptable types of documentation include:
    1. Driver's License;
    2. State Issued ID; or
    3. One of the following along with a copy of a valid photo ID:
      1. Birth Certificate;
      2. Marriage License;
      3. Divorce Decree; or
      4. Official Name Change Affidavit.
  3.  Submit the Personal Information Change Form along with documentation to the Office of the Registrar. Forms can be submitted by:
    1. Fax: 281-226-7230;
    2. Email:; or
    3. In Person: Welcome Center, Room 1101 Student Services & Classroom Building.



  • Office of the Registrar

    Phone: 281-283-2525
    Fax: 281-226-7230

    SSCB 3203
    2700 Bay Area Blvd 
    Houston, TX 77058-1002

    Office hours:
    Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.