The majority of foreign nationals, who come to the U.S. to attend the University of Houston-Clear Lake, usually do so under an F-1 visa. Their purpose is to complete a program of study, and then return to their home country.
The following links pertain to these F-1 students and their F-2 dependents:
- Maintaining F-1 status—Requirements for maintaining F-1 status at UHCL and in the U.S.
- Employment—Explanations for the different types of authorized employment.
- F-2 information—Requirements for maintaining F-2 status, for spouses and children of UHCL F-1 students.
- Probation—Policies regarding academic probation.
- Academic Suspension—Policies regarding academic suspension.
- Early Reinstatement from Suspension—Policies regarding early reinstatement from suspension.
- Individual Tax Identification Number —The process and required documentation for receiving an Individual Tax Identification Number.
- Concurrent Enrollment —The process and necessary documentation.
- Transferring—The SEVIS transfer process to and from UHCL.