All faculty members are invited to submit research proposals for the Faculty Research Support Funds (FRSF) competition by 5 p.m. on the following dates:
FY18 funding cycles: Sept. 15, 2017 (Fri.) and Mar. 15, 2018 (Thurs.)
FY19 funding cycles: Sept. 17, 2018 (Mon.) and Mar. 15, 2019 (Fri.)
FRSF Funding Notes
- Faculty salaries for summer and academic semesters are NOT currently being funded.
- Research travel budgets must reflect the State of Texas or US General Services Administration approved rates for meal/lodging per diem.
- The maximum FRSF proposal funding ranges from $5,000 - $6,000.
- Refer to the FRSF Policy and Procedures, and see page 8 for more eligible and non-eligible FRSF funding information.
- Refer to the Format for Cover Page for a template of the cover page to included with your proposal
- Review the Hints for FRSF Proposals and the FRSF Tips and Suggestions for great tips and information to include
1. Request Dean's Support
- The investigator should send one email, with the completed FRSF proposal and CV attached, to the dean of the faculty member's school requesting project support.
- Please submit your proposal materials to the dean so that the dean has ample time to review them. The dean may have alternate/earlier deadlines in place for reviewing FRSF proposals so please contact your dean's office for more information.
- Please copy the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), firstname.lastname@example.org, on this email. (A copy to the dean's administrative assistant is also strongly advised.)
2. Completed Submission
- The dean's support email should be sent to OSP, email@example.com, by 5 p.m. on the last day of the FRSF cycle.
- The dean's support will be electronically acknowledged by OSP.
- The submission process is now complete!
3. Proposals to Committee
- OSP will send the proposal, CV, and dean's support to the FRSF committee member for review and consideration.
The FRSF committee will meet after that cycle's deadline to discuss all proposals. Faculty proposers will be notified after that cycle's FRSF committee meeting of their proposal's status via email from the Office of Sponsored Programs with a copy to their school's dean.
Final Report Reminder: A final report from a previous award(s) must be received by OSP and all previous awards reconciled before a new FRSF proposal is eligible for review. UHCL Policy states that final reports are due 90 days from the end date of a FRSF award.