All faculty members are invited to submit research proposals for the Faculty Research Support Funds (FRSF) competition by 5 p.m. on the following FY20 funding cycle dates:
- September 16, 2019 (Monday)
- April 5, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (Sunday)
FRSF Funding Notes
- Faculty salaries for summer and academic semesters are NOT currently being funded.
- Research travel budgets must reflect the State of Texas or US General Services Administration approved rates for meal/lodging per diem.
- The maximum FRSF proposal funding ranges from $5,000 - $6,000.
- Refer to the FRSF Policy for FRSF funding information.
- Complete the FRSF Cover Page and include with your proposal.
- Review the FRSF Workshop Slides for hints and tips for preparing a successful proposal.
- PLEASE NOTE: All investigators must have a completed, signed current fiscal year Conflict of Interest for Investigators form on file with the Office of Sponsored Programs in order to be considered for an FRSF award.
1. Prepare your Proposal Submission Packet
- Gather all required materials and save as one PDF, with documents placed in the following
order (refer to FRSF Policy, section 4):
- FRSF Cover Page
- Purpose and Objectives of Proposed Request
- Background and Hypothesis
- Significance of the Request
- Procedures/General Work Plan/Methodology
- Duration of Request/Time Frame
- Dissemination/Use of Results and Project Sustainability
- Budget Summary
- Budget Justification
- Cost Share Support from Program/College
- Appended Materials
- Curriculum Vitae/Biosketch
2. Request Dean's Support
- Send one email, with the completed FRSF proposal submission packet (see above) to the dean of the faculty member's college requesting project support.
- Allow the dean ample time to review the proposal and materials. The dean may have alternate/earlier deadlines in place for reviewing FRSF proposals so please contact your dean's office for more information.
- Copy the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), firstname.lastname@example.org, on this email. (A copy to the dean's administrative assistant is also strongly advised.)
3. Completed Submission
- The dean's support email should be sent to OSP, email@example.com, by 5 p.m. on the last day of the FRSF cycle.
- The dean's support will be electronically acknowledged by OSP.
- The submission process is now complete!
4. Proposal Review
- OSP will send the proposal, CV, and dean's support to the FRSF committee member for review and consideration.
- FRSF committee members will review and rate the proposal using the FRSF Review Form.
- The committee will meet after the deadline to discuss the proposals and make funding recommendations to the provost.
- Faculty will be emailed about their proposal's status after the committee meeting and will receive copies of the reviewer ratings/comment forms.
Final Report Reminder: A final report from a previous award(s) must be received by OSP and all previous awards reconciled before a new FRSF proposal is eligible for review. UHCL Policy states that final reports are due 90 days from the end date of a FRSF award.