All faculty members are invited to submit research proposals for the Faculty Research Support Funds (FRSF) competition by 5 p.m. on the following FY19 funding cycle dates:
- September 17, 2018 (Monday)
- March 22, 2019 (Friday)
FRSF Funding Notes
- Faculty salaries for summer and academic semesters are NOT currently being funded.
- Research travel budgets must reflect the State of Texas or US General Services Administration approved rates for meal/lodging per diem.
- The maximum FRSF proposal funding ranges from $5,000 - $6,000.
- Refer to the FRSF Policies and Procedures for FRSF funding information.
- Complete the FRSF Proposal Cover Page and include with your proposal.
- Review the Hints for FRSF Proposals and the FRSF Tips and Suggestions for great tips and information to include.
1. Request Dean's Support
- Send one email, with the completed FRSF proposal, all proposal materials and CV attached, to the dean of the faculty member's college requesting project support.
- Allow the dean ample time to review the proposal and materials. The dean may have alternate/earlier deadlines in place for reviewing FRSF proposals so please contact your dean's office for more information.
- Copy the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), email@example.com, on this email. (A copy to the dean's administrative assistant is also strongly advised.)
2. Completed Submission
- The dean's support email should be sent to OSP, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5 p.m. on the last day of the FRSF cycle.
- The dean's support will be electronically acknowledged by OSP.
- The submission process is now complete!
3. Proposals Review
- OSP will send the proposal, CV, and dean's support to the FRSF committee member for review and consideration.
- FRSF committee members will review and rate the proposal using the FRSF Review Form.
- The committee will meet after the deadline to discuss the proposals and make funding recommendations to the provost.
- Faculty will be emailed about their proposal's status after the committee meeting and will receive copies of the reviewer ratings/comment forms.
Final Report Reminder: A final report from a previous award(s) must be received by OSP and all previous awards reconciled before a new FRSF proposal is eligible for review. UHCL Policy states that final reports are due 90 days from the end date of a FRSF award.