All faculty members are invited to submit research proposals for the Faculty Research Support Funds (FRSF) competition by 5 p.m. on the following FY19 funding cycle dates:
- September 16, 2018 (Monday)
- March 22, 2019 (Friday)
FRSF Funding Notes
- Faculty salaries for summer and academic semesters are NOT currently being funded.
- Research travel budgets must reflect the State of Texas or US General Services Administration approved rates for meal/lodging per diem.
- The maximum FRSF proposal funding ranges from $5,000 - $6,000.
- Refer to the FRSF Policy for FRSF funding information.
- Complete the FRSF Cover Page and include with your proposal.
- Review the Hints for FRSF Proposals and the "Faculty Research and Support Funds: How to Succeed by Really Trying" for great tips and information to include.
1. Prepare your Proposal Submission Packet
- Gather all required materials and save as one PDF, with documents placed in the following
order (refer to FRSF Policy, section 4):
- FRSF Cover Page
- Purpose and Objectives of Proposed Request
- Background and Hypothesis
- Significance of the Request
- Procedures/General Work Plan/Methodology
- Duration of Request/Time Frame
- Dissemination/Use of Results and Project Sustainability
- Budget Summary
- Budget Justification
- Cost Share Support from Program/College
- Appended Materials
- Curriculum Vitae/Biosketch
2. Request Dean's Support
- Send one email, with the completed FRSF proposal submission packet (see above) to the dean of the faculty member's college requesting project support.
- Allow the dean ample time to review the proposal and materials. The dean may have alternate/earlier deadlines in place for reviewing FRSF proposals so please contact your dean's office for more information.
- Copy the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), email@example.com, on this email. (A copy to the dean's administrative assistant is also strongly advised.)
3. Completed Submission
- The dean's support email should be sent to OSP, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5 p.m. on the last day of the FRSF cycle.
- The dean's support will be electronically acknowledged by OSP.
- The submission process is now complete!
4. Proposals Review
- OSP will send the proposal, CV, and dean's support to the FRSF committee member for review and consideration.
- FRSF committee members will review and rate the proposal using the FRSF Review Form.
- The committee will meet after the deadline to discuss the proposals and make funding recommendations to the provost.
- Faculty will be emailed about their proposal's status after the committee meeting and will receive copies of the reviewer ratings/comment forms.
Final Report Reminder: A final report from a previous award(s) must be received by OSP and all previous awards reconciled before a new FRSF proposal is eligible for review. UHCL Policy states that final reports are due 90 days from the end date of a FRSF award.