- You may schedule one appointment per day, five per week.
- All appointments are 45-minutes long and begin on the hour.
- To cancel an appointment,
please call or go online at least one hour before your appointment and cancel it.
- No-show status
happens when you don't properly cancel an appointment that you didn't attend. It has the following implications:
- One no-show is a warning.
- Two no-shows limits you to being seen on a walk-in basis only for 30 days.
- Three no-shows bars you from using the Writing Center for the remainder of the semester.
- We do help you with your grammar, but don't edit your paper.
We identify and clarify grammatical errors in your writing. You can then practice these editing strategies on your current and future projects.
Code of Ethics
It’s our goal to help you improve your own writing, but not the writing of others.
We will not work with someone attending a session in your place, and we will help you with citations as they pertain to your writing so that you are in alignment with university academic honesty policies.
Before we assist you with a writing assignment that is counted as an exam, we’ll require written permission from your instructor.
We prefer all group members to be present for the session, but we’ll help those present draft review questions for the absent writers. During a given week, we can help you individually or in a group, but you will still be limited to five appointments per week.
By making an appointment, visiting the center, and receiving this document, you agree to our above statements and commit to helping us maintain a positive and professional environment.
If you have any questions about this policy statement, please call the Writing Center at 281-283-2910, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.