Are you a student that needs round-the-clock access to a board certified physician? Through HealthiestYou, students can talk to a physician without an appointment. If you are on UHCL student insurance, this service is free of charge. For students who are not on UHCL insurance, there is a $40 consultation fee.
General Self-Quarantine Guidelines
Stay at home. Do not go to class or work, participate in any campus activities or come to campus.
- Stay home (or other location approved by your local health department). This means do not go to school, work, public areas, or attend large gatherings. If you need medical care, call your health care provider.
- Postpone all non-essential medical appointments until you are out of self-quarantine.
- Do not return to class or work, participate in any campus activities or come to campus.
- Stay away from public areas including grocery stores, malls, theaters and large public gathering spaces.
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home.
- Monitor your symptoms and if they develop or worsen then call your health care provider BEFORE seeking in-person care.
- Do not use public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Postpone any travel. If travel is absolutely necessary, you need to coordinate with your local health department. If you travel and become ill, you may not be able to return home.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene.
Student Health at UHCL
Health Services at University of Houston-Clear Lake has one objective: to keep you both healthy and educated. We provide our students with quality health care with board certified physicians and registered nurses and support staff. Our objective is to be a resource to guide students, faculty and staff through health and wellness related questions by offering proactive health education and services.
Our internist and gynecologist offer services including laboratory tests, health consulting, well woman and pelvic exams, birth control pills, and consultations. And our clinic partners with the Texas Chiropractic College to provide our students, faculty and staff with quality chiropractic services.
Call 281-283-2626 for an appointment.
It’s our mission to ensure students maximize their attendance and performance in class and minimize absences and disruptions resulting from health concerns. We’re here to support you when you need us.
Overview of Services
Free Nursing Assessments
Our registered nurses are here for you. We assist our students with free nursing assessments when you're not feeling well. Assessments may include: first aid, health consulting and education, blood pressure screenings, and more. Walk-ins are welcome.
Unit Dose Medications/Prescription Medications
Have a headache? Upset stomach? Back pain? Come by our clinic for free unit dose medications to help you feel better. For your convenience, we also have a pharmacy on campus that is stocked with oral contraceptives and antibiotics. Stop by Health Services during office hours.
Vaccines and Immunizations
We offer vaccines/immunizations for our students and staff. We carry Meningitis, TB, Flu shots, Tetanus, HPV, and Hepatitis A/B vaccines. Contact our front desk for pricing and availability.