Arturo Perez, Ph.D.
College of Science and Engineering
Dr. Arturo Perez is a lecturer in the College of Science and Engineering. His areas
of expertise include corporate healthcare IT, change management, project Management,
higher education IT, healthcare management and operations, cyber security, Web development,
and implementation management.
Dr. Perez served as an IT healthcare implementation and project management expert at Stanford University, UT MD Anderson, UCSF Hospital, San Mateo County Health and Human Services, Methodist Hospital, and UT Health Houston.
His work has been published in ProQuest Publishing, ATD Magazine, and LinkedIn publications such as "Healthcare staff readiness for change based on EHR implementation: An exploratory qualitative inquiry."
Dr. Perez has been invited to present the research at top conferences, including the HIMSS, ATD, and other Information Technology Advisory boards.
Before joining UHCL, he was a Houston Community College and Lonestar College professor. Dr. Perez received his Ph.D. in Information Technology from Capella University in Minneapolis Minnesota. Before his doctoral studies, he received his Master’s in Business Administration and Healthcare Management and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology from The University of Phoenix.
Areas of Expertise
- Healthcare IT
- Change management
- Project management
- Higher education IT
- Healthcare management and operations
- Cyber security
- Web development
- Implementation management
- Healthcare staff readiness for change based on EHR implementation: An exploratory qualitative inquiry- Aug 2015
- Is Healthcare Culture Ready for New Technology? - ATD Healthcare – Aug 2016
- How Does Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Influence Talent Development in Healthcare? - ATD Healthcare – Sep 2016
- Robotic Process Automation in Healthcare part 1 – ATD Healthcare – Nov 2016
- Robotic Process Automation in Healthcare part 2 – ATD Healthcare – Nov 2016
- Ethics vs Morals vs Law – Aug 20126
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- ITEC 1310 Introduction to Information Technology
- ITEC 2351 Web Fundamentals
- ITEC 2381 IT Forensic Fundamentals
Healthcare staff readiness for change based on EHR implementation: An exploratory qualitative inquiry
Awards and Accomplishments
- UT MD Anderson Idol, issued by UT MD Anderson Cancer Center · May 2009
- IT Service, issued by William Beaumont Army Medical Center · Jul 2003
- Excellence Award, issued by United States Immigration and Naturalization Service · Jul 1998