Jingjing Ma, M.A., Ph.D.
Department Chair of Mathematics and Statistics and Professor of Mathematics,
College of Science and Engineering
Areas of Expertise
Lattice-ordered Rings and Algebras
Lecture Notes on Algebraic Structure of Lattice-ordered Rings, World Scientific Publishing, 2014.
- J. Ma, Characterizing division closed lattice-ordered rings, Quaestiones Mathematicae, published online first: 7/16/2021.
- J. Ma, R. Redfield, Extending orders on rings with idempotent and d-elements, Order (accepted).
- M. Findler, J. Ma, Extending partial orders on rings, Quaestiones Mathematicae, published online first: 5/1/2020.
- J. Ma, B. Rygaard, Division closed l-rings and power positive L*-rings, Quaestiones Mathematicae, published online first: 6/2/2020.
- J. Ma, Commutative consistently L*-rings, Algebra Universalis, published online first: 7/22/2019.
- J. Ma, L. Wu, Y. Zhang, Directed partial orders on the field of generalized complex numbers with 1 not > 0, Positivity, 23 (2019), 1001-1007.
- J. Ma, Regular division closed lattice-ordered rings, Quaestiones Mathematicae, 42 (2019), 1353-1355.
- J. Ma, J. Smith, Division closed lattice-ordered rings and commutative L*-rings, Quaestiones Mathematicae, 42 (2019), 1019-1029.
- J. Ma, Directed partial orders on unital algebras, Quaestiones Mathematicae, 42 (2019), 447-450.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- MATH 3300: Introduction to Modern Algebra and Number Theory, MW 5:30-6:50 p.m., B3400
- MATH 4322: Introduction to Abstract Algebra, MW 7-8:20 p.m., B3315
Dr. Ma's research interest is Lattice-ordered Rings and Algebras. G. Birkhoff and R.S. Pierce first established the general theory for lattice-ordered rings in 1956. Dr. Ma's focus is getting a better understanding of the structures of lattice-ordered rings and algebras and answering questions in lattice-ordered rings.
Awards and Accomplishments
- President’s Distinguished Research Award (2018).
- Member of Editorial Board of the journal Advances in Pure Mathematics
- Reviewer for Mathematical Review of the American Mathematical Society
- Reviewer for Zentralblatt Math of the European Mathematical Society