Youssef Hamidi, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering,
College of Science and Engineering
Youssef Hamidi is an associate professor of mechanical engineering in the College
of Science and Engineering. He earned his Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering
from University of Oklahoma and his Ingenieur D'Etat (combined MSc/BSc) in Mechanical
Engineering from Ecole Mohammadia d'Ingenieurs in Morocco.
Before joining UHCL, Dr. Hamidi enjoyed a diversified experience both in Academia and Industry. Dr. Hamidi is an experienced engineer, acclaimed teacher, and well-versed researcher.
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Hamidi's expertise includes the analysis, manufacturing, characterization and design of advanced composites and nanocomposite materials.
- Shless JS, Crider YS, Pitchik HO, Qazi AS, Styczynski A, LeMesurier R, Haik D, Kwong LH, LeBoa C, Bhattacharya A, Hamidi YK and Phalen RN, Evaluation of the effects of repeated disinfection on medical exam gloves: Part 1. Changes in physical integrity, J. Occupational & Environmental Hygiene, 12(2):102-110, 2022. DOI:10.1080/15459624.2021.2015072
- • Phalen RN, Patterson J, Cuadros Olave J, Mansfield SA, Shless JS, Crider YS, Pitchik HO, Qazi AS, Styczynski A, LeMesurier R, Haik D, Kwong LH, LeBoa C, Bhattacharya A, and Hamidi YK, Evaluation of the effects of repeated disinfection on medical exam gloves: Part 2. Changes in mechanical properties. J. Occup. Environ. Hyg., 12(2):111-121, 2022. DOI:10.1080/15459624.2021.2015073
- Cotten L, Robson A and Hamidi YK, Silk Architecture Effects on Silk/Resin Affinity for Silk Reinforced Composites, American Journal of Advanced Research, 5(2):1-6, 2021. DOI:10.5281/zenodo.5807844
- Robson A, Cotten L and Hamidi YK, Effects of Silk Humidity Exposure on Silk/Resin Affinity for Silk Reinforced Composites, Amer. J. Adv. Res., 5(2):7-12, 2021. DOI:10.5281/zenodo.5807858
- Patterson J, Cuadros Olave J, Mansfield SA, Phalen RN and Hamidi YK, Mechanical Performance of Latex and Nitrile Gloves Under Repeated Soap and Water Treatment, Amer. J. Adv. Res., 5(1):1-5, 2021. DOI:10.5281/zenodo.5112602
- Mansfield SA, Cuadros Olave J, Patterson J, Phalen RN and Hamidi YK, Repeated Bleach Sanitization Effects on Glove Mechanical Properties, Amer. J. Adv. Res., 5(1):13-17, 2021. DOI:10.5281/zenodo.5817219
- Menjivar S, Cotten L and Hamidi YK, Effect of Silk Treatment on Silk/Resin Wettability, Amer. J. Adv. Res., 4(2):7-11, 2020. DOI:10.5281/zenodo.4105415
- Guloglu GE, Hamidi YK and Altan MC, Moisture absorption of composites with interfacial storage. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 134: 105908, 2020. DOI:10.1016/j.compositesa.2020.105908
- Icduygu MG, Asilturk M, Yalcinkaya MA, Hamidi YK and Altan MC, Three-Dimensional Nano-Morphology of Carbon Nanotube/Epoxy Filled Poly (methyl methacrylate) Microcapsules. Materials, 12(9):1387, 2019. DOI:10.3390/ma12091387
- Hamidi YK, Yalcinkaya MA, Guloglu GE, Pishvar M, Amirkhosravi M and Altan MC, Silk as a Natural Reinforcement: Processing and Properties of Silk/Epoxy Composite Laminates. Materials, 11(11):2135, 2018. DOI:10.3390/ma11112135
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- ENGR 1201 Introduction to Engineering
- MENG 3303 Solid Mechanics
- MENG 3324 Introduction to Materials Science
- MENG 3344 Introduction to Manufacturing Processes
- MENG 4344 Composite Materials
- MENG 4189 Independent Study in ME
Dr. Hamidi has extensive experience in the analysis, manufacturing, characterization and design of advanced composites and nanocomposite materials. His research thrusts include improving cost-effective manufacturing processes and characterizing composite durability through modeling, simulation and experimentation. These broad-based topics span the fields of organic chemistry, applied mechanics, and processing science with industrial applications in the aerospace, energy and automotive industries.