Li Ping Su-Kubricht, Ph.D
Assistant Professor of Family Therapy,
College of Human Sciences and Humanities
Li Ping Su-Kubricht received her bachelor's degree in international cultural studies-communication
emphasis at Brigham Young University-Hawaii and her master's and doctoral degree in
marriage and family therapy, also from Brigham Young University. She is a licensed
marriage and family therapist in both Utah and Texas. She is also an AAMFT-approved
She has worked in various settings, including a university community clinic, non-profit organization, private practice, and university counseling centers. She also taught at the MFT program at Utah Tech University last year.
When she is not working, she enjoys spending time with her family, hiking, running, and weightlifting.
Areas of Expertise
Li Ping Su-Kubricht specializes in working with individuals, couples, and families with childhood trauma, attachment injury, addiction, and sexuality. She has received trainings in ACT, CBT, EMDR, EFT, Gottman methods, and more.
- Lin, S. Y., Miller, R., Su-Kubricht, L. P., Whiting, J., Bean, R., Hsieh, C. H., & Li, T. S. (2021). Insider Perspectives on Ideal Partner Preferences in Modern Chinese Society. Journal of Asian Research, 5(1), 28-46. DOI:10.22158/jar.v5n1p28
- Lin, S. Y., Miller, R., Su-Kubricht, L. P., Whiting, J., Bean, R., Hsieh, C. H., & Li, T. S. (2019). Parental Influence on Mate Selection in Modern Chinese Society. Asian Journal of Family Therapy, 3(2), 29-42.
- Su, L. P., Kubricht, B., & Miller, R. (2017). The influence of father involvement in adolescent’s overall development in Taiwan. Journal of Adolescence, 59, 35-44. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.adolescence.2017.05.010
- Su, L. P. & Miller, R., Canlas, J., Li, T. S., Hsiao, Y. L., & Willoughby, B. (2015). A cross-cultural study of perceived marital problems in Taiwan and the United States. Contemporary Family Therapy, 37, 165-175. DOI:10.1007/s10591-015-9337-7
- Parent-child and couple relationships in ethnically diverse families
- Mechanisms of change in couple and family therapy
- Therapist behaviors and common factors in couples and family therapy and impacts of trauma in family systems