The Center for Workplace Consulting (CWC) provides quality, inclusive business solutions through ethical, collaborative, evidence-based practices. We are driven to empower organizations to better fulfill their missions, while also providing training opportunities for future practitioners.
- Diverse and inclusive
- Based on evidence-based practices
The CWC is facilitated by the faculty and students in the University of Houston-Clear
Lake Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology master's program. Our expert faculty
consultants work closely together with student consultants to offer business solutions
to improve organizational success. Student consultants within the CWC collaborate
to create custom solutions meeting our clients' needs with strong statistical methods,
adherence to ethical guidelines, and use of evidence-based practices (e.g. validated
As I/O practitioners, we use behavioral science to help understand – and solve – typical workplace issues. We work with a variety of issues including, but not limited to, change management, motivation, diversity, employee selection, training and development, leadership, performance appraisals, and organizational development. We offer our services and expertise at a reasonable price while providing master's-level students with the real-life experience needed for future employment. Our goal is not to make a profit, but rather to make a difference for our clients and train our students to create a better future.
Products and Services
We conduct projects that are within the faculty and students' capabilities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Satisfaction, climate and workplace engagement surveys.
- Selection and evaluation of applicants and employees.
- Assessment centers for the purposes of selection, promotion or development.
- Performance appraisal creation and revision.
- Organizational and change management.
- Training and development facilitation, content creation, needs analysis and evaluation.
- Job analyses.
- Focus groups.
- Workshops (e.g., Interviewing Institute).
- Diversity initiatives.
- Data analytics concerning human resource management.