The University of Houston-Clear Lake's Service Awards Program recognizes the importance
of the contributions of loyal and committed staff to the continuing success of the
university. Recognition is based on length of service.
We recognize employees who have reached each of these increasingly impressive milestones with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45 years of service with the university. Additionally, we are recognizing UH-Clear Lake's newest retirees whose service to the University is invaluable.
The Service Awards ceremony was held Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at UHCL Campus Recreation & Wellness.
Hugh P. Avery-President's Distinguished Staff and Staff Merit Awards
The University of Houston-Clear Lake honors and recognizes the invaluable contributions
of eligible employees whose outstanding dedication, competence, conscientious performance,
excellent customer service, or ingenuity has had a significant impact on the University.
Hugh P. Avery Prize
- Karen Elliott, Assessment Coordinator II, Planning & Assessment
Staff Merit Award Winners
- Tonia Coronado, Administrative Assistant III, College of Education
- Esther Herrera, Sr. Manager, Training & Development, HR
- Panya Milliner, Department Assistant IV, Student Success & Initiatives
- Anna Peebler, Library Associate, Pearland Campus Library
Outstanding Adjunct & Outstanding Lecturer Awards
The Outstanding Adjunct Award recognizes excellence in teaching while the Outstanding Lecturer Award recognizes exemplary accomplishment in teaching and service by embodying a model of substantive learning and rapport with students and extending services to the Gulf Coast Region and the University.
- Outstanding Adjunct: Dr. Janice Perrin, Early Childhood Education
- Outstanding Lecturer: Ms. Patricia Trubl, Biology
President's Distinguished Faculty Awards
The President's Distinguished Faculty Awards are designed to recognize the outstanding achievements of faculty members in the areas of teaching, research, and service.
- Distinguished Teaching: Dr. Amanda Johnston, Associate Professor, Psychology
- Distinguished Research: Dr. Hisham Al-Mubaid, Professor, Computer Science and Computer Information Systems
- Distinguished Service: Dr. Christopher Ward, Professor, Psychology