The Hawk Card is the official ID card for all students, faculty and staff at UHCL. Hawk Cards are made throughout the year at the Student Enrollment Center (SEC) and UHCL at Pearland Student Affairs office.
The Hawk Card is your key to the campus. In addition to serving as your official university photo identification card, the Hawk Card gives you access to:
- Events and activities
- Campus buildings and rooms
- Hunter Residence Hall
- Recreation and Wellness Center (non-students require paid membership)
- Library services
- Computer lab services
- Student Meal Plans
- Dining Dollars to be used at Patio Café and Hawk Energy Bar (for students and employees)
- Mobile app for virtual ID card for mobile device
- Hawk Card Online Services
- Photo upload submissions
- Lost card deactivation
- Manage Dining Dollars
Apply for Your New Hawk Card/Upload Photo Online
Apply for your new Hawk Card online and upload your photo. There is no initial cost for your card.
- Log into E-Services and verify/update your personal information (e.g. Personal Information > Personal Details > Preferred Name).
- Log in at Hawk Card Online using your UHCL username and password.
- Select ID Type, "Choose File" and select "Upload Government Issued ID." Photo must be .jpg (or .jpeg) file format.
- Review and follow the photo requirements and common mistakes. "Choose file" and select "Upload Photo."
After your photo is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with the location and available times to pick up your Hawk Card. Cards are printed upon pick-up. Please allow 5-10 minutes for your card to be processed and printed.
In the event of an extended campus closure, cards will be available for pick-up upon the campus re-opening.
Hawk Card Photo Stations are located in the Bayou Building, Student Lot D/Patio Café Entrance, and UHCL at Pearland, Academic Building/Office of Enrollment Services.
Preferred Name on Hawk Card
UHCL understands that individuals may choose to identify themselves with a preferred name that differs from their legal name. Hawk Card holders are able to display the preferred name they want to be addressed by, regardless of whether they have legally changed their name. A preferred name is defined as an alternative to the individual's legal name as designated by the individual in university systems. A person's legal name is the name they use for official governmental documents, such as licenses, passports, and tax forms.
The university has the discretion and reserves the right to remove a preferred name that is vulgar, offensive, obscene or fanciful, or creates confusion of the individual with another person. The use of a preferred name cannot be used for the purpose of misrepresentation, and does not constitute legal identification. Persons who are issued cards with a preferred name that is different from their legal names should be cautioned that such cards are issued for the purpose of university business only, and that campus access cards issued by the University of Houston-Clear Lake are not considered government-issued identification.
How to Update Preferred Name
Students may update their preferred name through E-Services. The preferred name option is listed under Personal Information.
Faculty, staff, and campus affiliates may update their preferred names through the E-Services/PASS system. The preferred name option is listed under the Employee Self Service/My Personal Info.
If you have lost or damaged your card, or if you believe it's been stolen, go to Hawk Card Online. Under "Account Management," select "Lost/Stolen Card" to deactivate the card. Then select "Deactivate." If the card is found, you may reactivate your card through the same process by selecting "Activate."
To request a new card, please contact the Student Enrollment Center at 281-283-2415 or email@example.com. You will receive notification with information on how to obtain your replacement Hawk Card.
- Students may receive a Hawk Card after making a partial or full payment of tuition and fees.
- Students with "Pending" financial aid are eligible to receive Hawk Card.
- A valid government-issued photo ID must be presented in order to pick up Hawk Card.
- Continuing students must return former university ID card, in order to receive new Hawk Card.
- Student employees may request building/room access from their hiring department.
- Faculty and staff members may receive their Faculty/Staff Hawk Card, provided they have an active record in PeopleSoft and the Hawk Card system. Faculty, staff and affiliates will have card labels that reflect their role in the PeopleSoft system. Faculty, staff and affiliates wishing to confirm eligibility may contact their hiring department or Human Resources (B2537, x2160).
- An eligible employee enrolled as a UHCL student will have the "Faculty/Staff" label printed on the Hawk Card.
- Employees must return former university ID card, in order to receive new Hawk Card.
- A valid government issued photo ID must be presented in order to pick up your Hawk Card. Photo ID is not required for card order.
Request Building/Room Access
Employees (students, faculty, staff) and affiliates may request swipe access to specific areas across UHCL campuses:
- Submit the online access request form at the Requesting Access webpage. Request "Prox Card" access and provide the last 6 digits in the number printed on the back your proximity Hawk Card.
- Your request will be sent to the UHCL Police Department Technical Services Division/Locksmith and your department's security delegate for approval. You will be notified by firstname.lastname@example.org, via your UHCL email account, once your access has been granted.
Please contact the Student Enrollment Center if you have any questions or need more information about Hawk Card services.
Student Enrollment Center (SEC)
The Student Enrollment Center (SEC) area is currently being remodeled. During the remodel, all SEC services have been relocated to the Hawk Help Desk area in the Bayou Building across from the Patio Café.
Bayou Building, 1632
2700 Bay Area Blvd., Houston, TX 77058
Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.