Omah M. Williams-Duncan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Curriculum and Instruction with STEM Emphasis,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Middle school science teacher preparation and mentoring
- Multicultural science education
- Elementary and Middle School Science Curriculum Development
- Scott, T. P., Schroeder, C., Tolson, H., Huang, T., & Williams, O. M. (2014). A Longitudinal Study of 5th Grade Science Curriculum Based on the 5E Model. Science Educator, 23(1), 49-55.
- Hill-Jackson, V. & Williams, O. M. (2013). Cross-Race Mentoring in Teacher Education: Black Teacher Educators Supporting White Pre- Service Teachers. In S. Grineski, J. Landsman, & R. Simmons (Eds.), Talking about race: Alleviating the fear (pp. 241-252). Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishers.
- Williams, O. M., Waxman, H., Brown, B. B., Rollins, K., & Alford, B. (2013, April). Examining a teacher preparation program participants' perceptions and confidence levels in standards-based knowledge types.Poster presented at the international meeting of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Scott, T., Schroeder, C., Tolson, H., Huang, T. & Williams, O. M. (2013, April). An impact analysis of a 5th grade science curriculum based on the 5E model. Paper presented at the international meeting of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- K-12 student engagement and increased interest in STEM
- Cross-cultural teacher mentoring
- Multicultural Science Education
- Science Teacher Preparation