Paul Wagner, Ph.D.
Professor, Leadership and Educational Psychology,
College of Education
- Graduate degrees from the University of Missouri
- Visiting faculty at Harvard, Stanford and Yale universities
- Author of over 170 publications, including 10 books
- Served on numerous civic and charity boards and committees
- Held six national and regional executive positions and numerous committees including board and reviewer positions for numerous journals
- Vice chair of the city of Columbia’s Human Rights Commission
- Joint appointment with College of Human Sciences and Humanities, UHCL
- At other colleges, taught in philosophy, ethics, logic, business, management theory, multiculturalism, organizational behavior, economics and political science
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Ethics
- Program Evaluation and Administrative Leadership
- Critical Thinking, Rationality and Decision-Theory
- Purpose of Education
- Wagner, P. A., & Fair, Frank (2022). The Personality of Math: A Key to Learning and Teaching Math. New York, NY: Rowman & Littlefield
- Wagner, P. A., & Fair, Frank (2020). Education for Knowing: Theories of Knowledge for Effective Student Building. New York, NY: Rowman & Littlefield
- Wagner, P. A. et al. (2018). Thinking Ahead. New York, NY: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Wagner, P. A. (2018). Beyond Love Trauma. Houston, TX: Third Coast Pub.
- Wagner, P. A. (2017). Love Trauma. Houston, TX: Third Coast Pub.
- Wagner, P. A. et al. (2016). Thinking Beyond the Test. New York, NY: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Wagner, P. A. et al. (2017). Focus on Thinking. New York, NY: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Wagner, P. A., & Douglas, S. (2009). Ethical Decision Making in Educational Administration: Leadership as Moral Architecture. San Francisco, CA: Sage.
- Wagner, P. A., & Kierstead, F. (2001). Wagner-Kierstead Moral Self-Assessment Protocol. New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Wagner, P. A. (1996). Understanding Professional Ethics. Bloomington, IN: Phi Delta Kappa Fastback.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- Ethical and Social Responsibility of Leadership
- Educational Psychology
- Perspectives on Science
- Knowing and Learning
- Critical thinking
- Game theory
- Educational reform
Awards and Accomplishments
- Graduate Teaching Award (UM-C)
- President's Research Award
- President's Service Award
- President's Distinguished Research Professor, 2009
- Chancellor's Distinguished Service Professor, 1984
- Atrium Circle Distinguished Professor, 1982
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Education
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who in the South and Southwest
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- Top 100 Educators for 2006; The International Bibliographical Society, Cambridge, England