Paul Wagner, Ph.D.
Professor of Educational Foundations,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Professional Ethics
- Program Evaluation and Administrative Leadership
- Critical Thinking, Rationality and Decision-Theory
- Purpose of Education
- Decision-Theory in Sex Education, Journal of Sex Education;
- Decision-Theory in Educational Administration, Journal of Values and Ethics in Educational Administration;
- The Ethics of Inclusion and The Great Conversation of Humankind, Multicultural Perspectives;
- Isolationists and the Curriculum, Interchange;
- The Autistic Society and The Curriculum, Educational Forum;
- Religious Tolerance, Interchange. "Game Theory as Psychological Excavation in H. Hanappi ed. Game Theory Relaunched.
- Wagner, P. A. et al. (2018). Thinking Ahead. New York, NY: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Wagner, P. A. (2018). Beyond Love Trauma. Houston, TX: Third Coast Pub.
- Wagner, P. A. (2017). Love Trauma. Houston, TX: Third Coast Pub.
- Wagner, P. A. et al. (2016). Thinking Beyond the Test. New York, NY: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Wagner, P. A. et al. (2017). Focus on Thinking. New York, NY: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Wagner, P. A., & Douglas, S. (2009). Ethical Decision Making in Educational Administration: Leadership as Moral Architecture. San Francisco, CA: Sage.
- Wagner, P. A., & Kierstead, F. (2001). Wagner-Kierstead Moral Self-Assessment Protocol. New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Wagner, P. A. (1996). Understanding Professional Ethics. Bloomington, IN: Phi Delta Kappa Fastback.
- Wagner, P. A., & Kierstead, F. (1993). The Ethical, Legal and Multicultural Foundations of Teaching. Madison, WI: William C. Brown/Benchmark Publishers.
- The Image of Philosophers in Education
- Professional Ethics
- Book on Formal Decision-Theory in Administration and the Curriculum
- NSSE Yearbook Chapter on Decision-Theory and Morality
Awards and Accomplishments
- President's Distinguished Research Professor, 2009
- Chancellor's Distinguished Service Professor, 1984
- Atrium Circle Distinguished Professor, 1982
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Education
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who in the South and Southwest
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- Top 100 Educators for 2006; The International Bibliographical Society, Cambridge, England