Michelle Peters, Ed.D.
Department Chair of Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis, Co-Director UHCLTeach,
Professor of Research and Applied Statistics,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Mathematics Education
- Classroom Climate
- Program Evaluation
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Xu, C., Peters, M., & Brown, S. (2020). Instructor and instructional effects on students’ statistics attitudes. Statistics Education Research Journal, 9(2), 7-26.
- Watson, S., Cothern, T., & Peters, M. (2020). School administrators’ perceptions of STEM awareness and resources. AASA Journal of Scholarship & Practice, 17(3), 19-40.
- Watson, S., Dubrovskiy, A., & Peters, M. (2020). Increasing chemistry students’ knowledge, confidence, and conceptual understanding of pH using a Collaborative computer pH simulation. Chemistry Education Research and Practice, 21, 528-535.
- Peters, M., Sawyer, C., & Willis, J. (2017). Counselor’s crisis self-efficacy scale: A validation study. Retrieved from https://www.counseling.org/docs/default-source/vistas/article_4070ce2bf16116603abcacff0000bee5e7.pdf?sfvrsn=eed84b2c_4
- Dahlkamp, S., Peters, M., & Schumacher, G. (2017). Principal self-efficacy, school climate, and teacher retention: A multi-level analysis. Alberta Journal of Educational Research, 63(4), 357-376.
- Kimbark, K., Peters, M., & Richardson, T. (2016). Effectiveness of the student success course on persistence, retention, academic achievement, and student engagement. Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 41(2), 124-138.
- Allen, N., Grigsby, B., & Peters, M. (2015). Does leadership matter? Examining the relationship among transformational leadership, school climate, and student achievement. International Journal of Educational Leadership Preparation, 10(2), 1-22.
- McCarley, T., Peters, M., & Decman, J. (2014). Transformational leadership related to school climate: A multi-level analysis. Educational Management Administration & Leadership, 44(2), 322-342.
- Peters, M. (2013). Examining the relationships among classroom climate, self-efficacy, and achievement in undergraduate mathematics: A multi-level analysis. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 11(2), 459-480.
- Peters, M., & Kortecamp, K. (2010). Rethinking undergraduate mathematics education: The importance of classroom climate and self-efficacy on mathematics achievement. Current Issues in Education, 14(3), 1-35.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- COUN 6032 Statistics and Measurement for Counselors
- COUN 6033 Research Design and Analysis for Counselors
- EDCI 7031 Quantitative Research I
- EDCI 7032 Quantitative Research II
- EDLS 7031 Quantitative Research I
- EDLS 7032 Quantitative Research II
- EDLS 7130 Program Evaluation
- EDLS 7330 Advanced Statistical Analysis
- EDLS 7332 Current Issues in Educational Measurement
- EDLS 8530 Research Seminar (Proposal Writing)
- EDUC 6032 Applied Statistics
- EDUC 6033 Research Design and Analysis
- Longitudinal Impact of Summer Science Camps
- Factors Influencing Mathematics Classroom Climate
- Impact of Classroom Climate and Mathematics Self-efficacy on Achievement
Awards and Accomplishments
- Doctoral Fellowship, The George Washington University
- DOE Fellow, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Student Award of the Health Physics Society