Lisa Jones, Ed.D.
Associate Professor of Multicultural Education,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Multicultural Education and Technology
- Multicultural and Diversity Issues
- Learning Styles of Minority Students
- Racial Tolerance in Education
- Educational Leadership and Administration
- Johnson, D., Jones, L., Simieou, F., Matthew, K., & Morgan, B. (2013). The relationship between grade configuration and standardized science test scores of fifth grade students: What school administrators should know. Journal of At-Risk Issues, 17(2), 31 – 38.
- Jones, L. (2012, Fall). National Association of African American Studies and Affiliates: How the organization redefines the dialogue about multicultural education. Twentieth Commemorative Edition of the Journal of Intercultural Disciplines, 11, 27-36.
- Shodavaram, M., Jones, L., Weaver, L., Marquez, J., & Ensle, E. (2009, Spring). Education of non-European ancestry immigrant students in suburban high schools. Multicultural Education, 16(3), 29-36.
- Penn, E., Pirtle, D., & Jones, L. (2007). Prevention and diversion of delinquency in Texas. In S. M. Cox, J. M. Allen, R. D. Hanser, & J. J. Conrad (Eds.). Juvenile Justice: A guide to theory, policy, and practice (6th ed.)(pp. 204 – 215). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Jones, L. (2005, Summer). The multicultural education perspective on the cultural identity of students: What teachers should know about student diversity. Kappa Delta Pi Record, 41(4), 150-151.
- Jones, L. (2005, January). Maintaining the curricular philosophies of a multicultural education course: From face-to-face to eLearning Environments. AACE Journal, 13(1), 91-99.
- Wilson, M., Jones, L., Marquez, J., & Tanguma, J. (Winter, 2005). Black students' perceptions about academic achievement. Journal of Intercultural Disciplines, 5, 169-190.
- Jones, L. (2004, Winter). Teaching citizenship through multicultural education. Kappa Delta Pi Record, 40(2), p. 60-61.
- Jones, L. & Weaver, L. (2003, Winter). Attitudes and perceptions about race of preservice and inservice teachers. Texas Association of Bilingual Education Journal, 7(1), 63-72.
Awards and Accomplishments
- Piper Award Nominee – Outstanding Teaching Award (2004)
- National Association of African American Studies (NAAAS) Board of Directors (2003)
- National WebCT Exemplary Course Project Nominee (2002)
- People's Republic of China Academic Scholar Award (2001)
- Piper Award Finalist (1999)
- Who's Who Among American College Students
- Kappa Delta Pi - Deborah P. Wolfe Laureate Scholarship (1997)
- Kappa Delta Pi - Honor Society in Education Inductee (1997)
- Educational Testing Service 1997 Summer Graduate Research Award.