Rebecca Huss-Keeler, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Early Literacy
- Early Assessment
- Second Language Issues with Young Children
- Huss-Keeler, R., Peters, M. & Moss, J. (2013). Motivation for attending higher education from the perspective of early care and education professionals. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education. 34(2), 121-139.
- Huss-Keeler, R. and Brown S. (2007) Meeting diverse learning needs: Differentiating instruction in graduate early childhood mathematics classes, Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education. 28 (1),1-17.
- November 2012 National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators Conference, Atlanta, GA
- Directors speak out: Child care directors' views of higher education for themselves and their staffs. Presented with Dr. Donna Kirkwood.
- November 2011 National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators Conference, Orlando, FL
- Expanding our horizon in early childhood teacher education: Serving early care and education professionals.
- November 2011 National Association for the Education of Young Children Conference. Orlando, FL
- Developing new perspectives on diversity: The influence of diversity education on early care and education professional and the children they teach. Presented with Dr. Shanna Graves.
- June 2011 National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators Conference, Providence, RI
- Meeting their needs: An innovative birth-age five bachelor completion program for Head Start and child care professionals.
- Child care professionals and higher education
- Higher Education for Professionals in Early Care and Education
- Community College-University Early Childhood Teacher Education collaboration, articulation and accreditation
- Minority Graduate Teacher Education
- Grant: Workforce Solutions Early Childhood Scholarship Grant from Texas Workforce Commission-University scholarships for child care professionals-$115,500
Awards and Accomplishments
- The Minnie Stevens Piper Outstanding Faculty Award for UHCL. 2006
- The UHCL President's Distinguished Teaching Award 2006