Kent Divoll, Ed.D
Associate Professor of Curriculum and Instruction,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Classroom Management
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Teacher Student Relationships
- Adult Learning
- Teacher Development
- Divoll, K., & Ribeiro, A. (2021). Strategies to overcome middle school teacher’s classroom management stress. In C. Barnett Gaines &K. M. Hutson (Eds.), Promoting positive learning experiences in middle school education (pp. 217-235). IGI Global.
- Divoll, K., & Moore, K. (2021). Planning for middle level clinical experiences during a crisis. Current Issues in Middle Level Education, 25(2), 43-57. https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1042&context=cimle
- McDonald, D. M., Auzenne-Curl, C., Divoll, K., Kiekel, J., Newsum, J., & Williams-Duncan, O. (2020). Involvement in the Faculty Academy research community yields unexpected skills: Stories of leading and learning. In C. Craig, L. Turchi, & D. M. McDonald (Eds.), Cross-disciplinary, cross-institutional collaboration in teacher education: Cases of learning while leading (pp. 45-81). Palgrave McMillan.
- Ribeiro, A., & Divoll, K. (2020). Keeping your sanity: 6 strategies to promote well-being. The Teacher Advocate, 28(2), 14-15.
- Divoll, K., Gauna, L., & Ribeiro, A. (2018). Career Changers’ Experiences as Neophyte Middle School ESL Teachers. In D. McDonald (Ed.), Facing challenges and complexities in retention of novice teachers (179-260). New York: Information Age.
- Kajs, L. T., Grigsby, B., & Divoll, K. A. (2015). Use of disposition criteria in the approval process of teacher candidates by schools of education. In S. C. Bon, & J. C. Sun (Eds.), Law and education inequity: Removing barriers to educational opportunities (pp. 149-158). Charlotte, NC: Information Age.
- Divoll, K., & Browning, S. (2013). “Read the text, as if!” The reading retention strategy. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 7(1). Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1370&context=ij-sotl
- Feldman, A., Divoll, K., & Rogan-Klyve, A. (2013). Becoming researchers: The participation of undergraduate students in science research groups. Science Education, 97(2), 218-243. doi: 10.1002/sce.21051
- Divoll, K., Browning, S., & Vesey, W. (2012). The ticket to increasing students’ concept retention. Mountain Rise: The International Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 7(2). Retrieved from http://mountainrise.wcu.edu/index.php/MtnRise/article/view/201/138
- Divoll, K., Browning, S., & Vesey, W. (2012). The ticket to retention: A classroom assessment technique designed to improve student learning. The Journal of Effective Teaching, 12(2), 45-64. Retrieved from http://uncw.edu/cte/ET/articles/Vol12_2/Divoll.pdf
- Teacher-Student Relationships
- The Ticket to Retention
- Classroom Management
- College Student Learning
Awards and Accomplishments
- John Keilty Scholarship Award from the University of Massachusetts Amherst 2006
- Blue Key Award -Westfield State College, Westfield, MA 1997
- Wisdom and Merit Award -Westfield State College, Westfield, MA 1997
- Teacher Competency Award-Westfield State College, Westfield, MA 1997