Caroline Crawford, Ed.D.
Associate Professor of Instructional Design and Technology,
College of Business
Areas of Expertise
- Instructional Design
- Professional Development Environments/Training
- Interactive Activities
- Web-based and Web-enhanced Learning Environments
- Crawford, C. M.(Ed.). (2011). An Anthology of Educational Innovation: Digital Frameworks of Understanding. Champaign, IL: Common Ground Publishing LLC. ISBN 978-1-86335-899-6 (pbk : alk. paper), ISBN 978-1-86335-900-9 (pdf : alk. paper)
Refereed Book Chapters
- Crawford, C. M. (accepted, expected 2015). The Distance Education Phenomena: From Initial Interactive Activities to a Full Onslaught of Multimedia Instructional Support. In A. Scheg (Ed.), Critical Examinations of Distance Education Transformation Across Disciplines.
- Crawford, C. M., & Smith, M. S. (accepted, expected 2015). Rethinking Bloom's Taxonomy: Implicit Cognitive Vulnerability as an Impetus towards Higher Order Thinking Skills. In J. Zing (Ed.), Exploring Implicit Cognition: Learning, Memory, and Social-Cognitive Processes.
- Bubb, T. E., McDonald, D., & Crawford, C. M. (2012). Meaningful Connections: "Going the Distance" in Distance Learning Through the Design and Generation of Community Building Online Learning Interactions. In H. Wang (Ed.), Interactivity in E-Learning: Case Studies and Frameworks (pp. 274-304). Hershey, PA: Information Science Publishing (an imprint of IGI Global). doi:10.4018/978-1-61350-441-3.ch013
- Crawford, C. M. & Gannon Cook, R. (2011). Culturally Significant Signs, Symbols, and Philosophical Belief Systems within eLearning Environments. In A. Edmundson (Ed.) Cases on Globalized and Culturally Appropriate E-learning: Challenges and Solutions (pp. 44-72). Hershey, PA: Information Science Publishing (an imprint of IGI Global). DOI: 10.4018/978-1-61520-989-7.ch003
- Crawford, C. M., Dickenson, V., & Smith, M. S. (2009). Classroom-in-a-Box: Rethinking Learning Community Classroom Environment Needs within Three-Dimensional Virtual Learning Environments. In H. Song & T. Kidd Handbook of Research on Human Performance and Instructional Technology. Pp. 43-62. Hershey, PA, USA: Information Science Reference (an imprint of IGI-Global).
- Crawford, C., Smith, M. S., & Dickenson, V. (2009). Yesterday, Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow's Recognition of Industry Applications within Virtual Worlds: A Meta-Analysis of Distance Learning Instructional Achievements within Virtual World Architectural Environments, and Potential Implications for Higher Education. (pp. 132-161). In H. Song (Ed.) Distance Learning Technology, Current Instruction, and the Future of Education: Applications of Today, Practices of Tomorrow. Hershey, PA, USA: Information Science Reference (an imprint of IGI-Global). DOI: 10.4018/978-1-61520-672-8.ch009
- Gannon Cook, R. & Crawford, C. M. (2009). Addressing Online Student Learning Environments and Socialization Through Developmental Research. In B. A. Olaniran's Cases on Successful E-Learning Practices in the Developed and Developing World: Methods for the Global Information Economy. Hershey, PA: IGI-Global. ISBN: 978-1-60566-942-7
- Gannon Cook, R., & Crawford, C. M. (2006). What can cave walls teach us? Globalized eLearning Cultural Challenges. Editor Andrea Edmundson. Pages 187-208. London: Idea Group, Inc.
Invited Book Foreword
- Crawford, C. M. (2011). Foreword. (pp. xiii-xv). In S. Huffman (Ed.) Cases for Building Quality Distance Delivery Programs. Hershey, PA, USA: Information Science Reference (an imprint of IGI Global). DOI: 10.4018/978-1-60960-111-9, ISBN13: 9781609601119, ISBN10: 1609601114, EISBN13: 9781609601133
- Instructional design models
- Success of learners within eLearning environments
- Success of instructors within eLearning environments
- Communities of Learning within eLearning and mobile environments
- Communities of Practice within eLearning and mobile environments
Awards and Accomplishments
- 2010 Excellence in Innovative Research Award for Outstanding Book Chapter Nomination, IGI-Global
- 2010 Distinguished Fellow in The Academy of Ubiquitous Communication Educators (AUCE)
- 2009 University of Houston-Clear Lake Outstanding Professor Award