Jane Claes, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of School Library and Information Science,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
- Children’s Literature
- School Libraries
- History of Children’s Literature & Publishing
- Coauthor with Janet Hilbun. Coast to coast: Exploring state book awards. Englewood, Colorado: Libraries Unlimited. (2010)
- Picture books that paved the way: The touchstone works edited by May Massee. The International Journal of the Book, 16(6). 97-104. (2009)
- Presented with Dr. Janet Hilbun (August 2012) A Window to the World: Book Awards for Children’s & Young Adult Literature. International Board of Books for Young People, International Congress, London, England.
- Presented with Dr. Janet Hilbun. (October 2011). A Window to the World: Books Awards for Children’s and Young Adult Literature and What They Tell Us about YoungPeople, Reading Interests, and National Identity in a Global Society. International Board of Books for Young People United States Congress, Fresno, California
Principal Investigator for IMLS Grant: School Librarian: Early LINK to Literacy and Learning