Suzanne Brown, Ph.D.
Department Chair and Associate Professor of Curriculum and Instruction,
College of Education
- Brown, S., & Bergman, J. (2013). Preservice teachers’ understanding of variables. Investigations in Mathematics Learning., , 6(1), 1-17.
- Brown, S. (2009). Mentoring new university faculty. In. D.
- Jones (Ed.) Proceedings of the Second Conference on Mathematics Education Research in Texas (pp. 18-22). Huntsville, TX: Sam Houston State University
- Huss-Keeler, R., & Brown, S. (2007). Meeting diverse learning needs: Differentiating instruction in graduate early childhood mathematics classes. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 28, 41-57.
- Brown, S. (2007). Using technology to improve mathematics methods courses.Electronic Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching (ICTMT8) in Hradec Králové (E. Milková, Pavel Prazák, eds.), University of Hradec Králové,
- Brown, S., & Bergman, J. (2005). Show me the mathematics. In Eron, M. B. & Rachlin, S. L. (Eds.), Middle math: Improving the undergraduate preparation of teachers of middlegrades mathematics (pp. 214-219). San Diego: Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators.
Problem Solving; Assessment, Algebraic Reasoning; Proportional Reasoning
Awards and Accomplishments
- 2009: UHCL University Faculty Fellowship Award
- 2005: UHCL President’s Distinguished Service Award