Amber Brown, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Education,
College of Education
Areas of Expertise
Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Intervention Programs
- Early Childhood Home Visiting
- Parent/Family Involvement
- Brown, A. L., Collins, D., & Myers, J. (2021). How pre-service teachers’ sense of teaching efficacy and preparedness to teach impact performance during student teaching. Educational Studies, 47(1), 38-58. doi: 10.1080/03055698.2019.1651696. (Published first online in 2019; https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/ceds20.
- Jain, P., & Brown, A. L. (2020). Using an adapted Lesson Study with early childhood undergraduate students. Teaching Education. doi: 10.1080/10476210.2020.1826424.
- Brown, A. L., & Jain, P. (2020). Doing projects with young children in a field-based early childhood education course. Educational Studies. doi: 10.1080/03055698.2020.1798743.
- Brown, A. L. (2019). Lessons learned from Head Start and HIPPY collaborations. NHSA Dialog: A Research-to-Practice Journal for the Early Childhood Field, 21(2), 96-102. Retrieved from https://journals.uncc.edu/dialog/article/view/802
- Brown, A. L. & Lee, J. (2017). Evaluating the efficacy of children participating in HIPPY and in Head Start. Journal of Early Childhood Research, 15(1), 61-72. doi: 0.1177/1476718X15577006.(first published in 2015; http://journals.sagepub.com/home/ecr)
- Brown, A. L. (2015). The impact of early intervention on the school readiness of children born to teenage mothers. Journal of Early Childhood Research, 13(2), 181-195. doi: 10.1177/1476718X13479048
- Brown, A. L., Lee, J., & Collins, D. (2015). Does student teaching matter? Investigating teacher candidates’ sense of teaching efficacy. Teaching Education, 26(1), 77-93. doi: 10.1080/10476210.2014.957666
- Brown, A. L. (2014). Implementing active learning into online teacher preparation courses. The American Journal of Distance Education, 28(3). doi: 10.1080/08923647. 2014.924695
- Brown, A. L., & Lee, J. (2014). School performance in elementary, middle and high school: A comparison of children based on HIPPY participation during the preschool years. The School Community Journal, 24(2), 83-106. Retrieved from http://www.adi.org/journal/2014fw/BrownLeeFall2014.pdf
- Brown, A. L., Harris, M. M., Jacobson, A. L., Trotti, J., & Nathans, L. (2014). Parent Teacher Education Connection: Preparing pre-service teachers for family engagement. The Teacher Educator, 49(2), 133-151. doi: 10.1080/ 08878730.2014.887169
Head Start/HIPPY Collaborations