In accordance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), all colleges and universities that participate in federal student aid programs must openly disclose certain reports and other data to the public. This information includes (but is not limited to) general institution facts, loan requirements, financial aid policies, and student and teacher programs. You can find this information in the comprehensive list below. Whether you're a student, parent, or employee, this page can help you learn more about University of Houston-Clear Lake so you can make more informed decisions about your future.
Non-Loan Related Disclosure Requirements
Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Student Financial Assistance
- Student Financial Assistance Information
- Financial Aid Guidebook
- Notice of Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations - The Office of the Dean of Students sends out a notice of Federal Student Financial Aid penalties for drug violations annually. Drug and Alcohol education programs are provided to students through the UHCL Counseling Services under the Division of Student Affairs and are described in the UHCL Biennial Review Report.
- Study Abroad Programs Financial Assistance - There are many instances in which your financial aid package is applicable to a study abroad opportunity. It is best to speak with a Financial Aid Advisor for more information when you are exploring the possibilities of studying abroad.
General Institutional Information
- Privacy of Student Records - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) - For additional information on FERPA, visit the U.S. Department of Education website.
- Consumer Information on College Navigator Website
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Diversity
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Title IV, HEA Financial Aid
- Textbook Information
- Academic Calendar and Class Schedule (Course/Syllabi Search)
- Academic Program (Educational Programs, Instructional Facilities, and Faculty) University Catalog
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
- Institution and Program Accreditation, Approval, or Licensure - For more information, contact the Office of the Provost
- Professional Certifications and Licensure Disclosures
- Copyright Infringement−Policies and Sanctions (Computer Use and File Sharing)
- Constitution Day
Teacher Preparation Program
- Teacher Preparation Program Report - Annually, a Title II report on UHCL's Teacher Preparation Program is submitted to the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The final report is submitted to the Department of Education by TEA. It can be found on the title2.ed.gov website College of Education.
Health and Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program and 2022 Biennial Review Report
- Vaccination Policies
- Security Report (Including Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures), Timely Warnings, and Crime Log
- Security Report - Missing Person Notification Policy - A Student Notification is emailed to each enrolled student annually
- Fire Safety Report and Fire Log - This notice is emailed directly to students and employees
- Information for Crime Victims About Disciplinary Hearings
- Retention Rate
- Completion/Graduation Rates
- Placement in Employment - Not Applicable if we do not calculate job placement rates.
- Job Placement Rates - Not Applicable if we do not calculate job placement rates.
Intercollegiate Athletic Program
- Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act) - Not Applicable
- Voter registration forms are available on campus at the Dean of Students Office located in SSCB 1201, Hawk Help Desk located in Bayou Building 1632, and at the University of Houston-Clear Lake at Pearland Student Services Office located in P152.
- Voter Registration Forms
- UHCL Specific Information
- Harris County Voter Registration
- Galveston County Voter Registration
- Fort Bend County Voter Registration
Student Complaints may be filed through the following processes, which are further described on these websites:
All submitted complaints to THECB must include a student complaint form, a signed Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Consent and Release form, and a THECB Consent and Agreement Form. Submitted complaints regarding students with disabilities shall also include a signed Authorization to Disclose Medical Record Information form. All forms can be found on THECB website.
Contact information at THECB: Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
Texas rules relating to THECB Student Complaint Procedure can be found at 19 Texas Administrative Code, 1.110 et sec.
Disclosure Requirements Relating to Education Loans
- State Grant Assistance
- Student Loan Information (including a link to Publications by Dept of Education)
- National Student Loan Data System
- Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Private Education Loan Disclosures (Including Self-Certification Form)
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Preferred Lender Lists - UHCL does not maintain a Preferred Lender List
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Consolidation Information
- Repayment Options for Loans
- Deferment & Forbearance