Laura Guerrero, B.B.A., MBA, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Management ,
College of Business
Dr. Guerrero performs research on the careers of immigrants. She has studied skilled
immigrants in Canada, low-wage immigrants in the U.S., and Hispanics speaking Spanish
at work. She also coauthored a textbook called "Cases in Leadership." She continues
to write teaching cases including cases about formalizing the HR function, protecting
employees during COVID-19, and preparing a small business for unexpected crises.
Areas of Expertise
- Job search
- Case studies
- Smith, L. R., & Guerrero, L. (2020). Chalet Matsuzaka: Crisis mitigation. Journal of International Business Education, 15.
- Voelker, T. A., Everhart, J. R., & Guerrero, L. (2020). Dying to work. Journal of Case Research and Inquiry.
- Voelker, T., Stringer, D., Johnson, V. & Guerrero, L. (2020). Flexible of dysfunctional? HRM practices in a startup. Southeast Case Research Journal.
- Guerrero, L., & Smith, L. R. (2019). Anyline: A growing small business in Austria. Small Business Institute Journal, 19(1), 1-17.
- Cuyler, M., & Guerrero, L. (2019). Mental health help-seeking intentions and organizational climate among military members. Military Psychology, 31(4), 315-325.
- Guerrero, L., & Turchick-Hakak, L. (2019). Congruence of economic mobility beliefs and immigrants’ self-esteem. Journal of Global Mobility, 7(2), 181-193.
- Castañeda, E., Chiappetta, C., Guerrero, L., & Hernández, A. (2018). Empowerment through work: The cases of disabled individuals and low-skilled women workers in the US-Mexican border. Disability & Society.
- Ruiz, M., Ibarreche, S., Peterson, L., & Guerrero, L. (2017). The impact of immigrant acculturation and job search information on entrepreneurship opportunity. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 31(2), 288-308.
- Guerrero, L., Valdiviezo, S., Hernández, C. A., & Posthuma, R. A. (2017). Antecedents and consequences of speaking Spanish at work. International Journal of Employment Studies, 25(1), 63-79.
- Guerrero, L., & Smith, L. R. (2016). Tiroler Edle: Artisanal chocolate from Tyrol, Austria. Journal of International Business Education, 11.
Courses (Current Academic Year)
- MGMT 3301- Management Theory and Practice
- MGMT 3331- Human Resource Management
- MGMT 4354- Organizational Behavior Theory and Application
- MGMT 5032- Human Behavior in Organizations
- MGMT 3313- Organizational Communication
Awards and Accomplishments
- SAGE Cornerstone Author Award (2018)