Submit Your Meme
Competition Rules and Guidelines
No purchase or payment is necessary to enter this competition. This is an open competition for all current, actively enrolled University of Houston – Clear Lake (UHCL) students. By entering the competition, the participant agrees to abide by the competition rules and guidelines, and to accept the judges’ decisions, which will be final. This competition is sponsored by UHCL Annual Giving and all questions should be directed to email@example.com.
All memes that cover issues related to UHCL college experience will be accepted. However, for memes to advance to the competition, they must be original and meet the criteria outlined below, Offensive/obscene/lewd/misrepresentative/copyrighted memes and images will not be approved for entry into the competition. Memes may be submitted in any language – all memes that are submitted in languages other than English must have an English translation and brief explanation attached to the entry. This competition is only open to current, actively enrolled students that are in good standing with UHCL. Meme submissions must be submitted as a 1080x1080 JPEG file.
Competition Entry Process
Meme submissions must be submitted using the online form found at the bottom of this page. To submit an entry and to be accepted, the student must use their UHCL email address. Only one submission per student. A selected panel of judges will determine the accuracy and appropriateness of the meme. All accepted memes are subject to being posted on UHCL social media platforms which include Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter pages. The panel of judges will determine the winning meme on or before the designated deadline. Participants will receive an email communication from firstname.lastname@example.org stating that their submission was received and is being reviewed.
How unique the meme is, including use of original images or original editing of images. Remember to ensure that existing images used are available for reuse without any copyright infringement.
Level of Insight
The extent to which a meme conveys lesser-known and/or accurate facts to the public regarding UHCL.
The relevance of the issue addressed by the meme to awareness and/or advocacy of UHCL.
Voters may vote for memes during the designated dates on the UHCL webpage and may vote for as many memes as they wish.
Sharing on Social Media
Memes that are accepted may be posted to any of the UHCL social media platforms and may be re-shared on student’s individual social media channels. All participants are encouraged to use @UHClearLake and/or #UHCLMemeAttack when sharing on social media platforms.
A panel of judges will determine a single winner from the top three memes based on voting from the UHCL Meme Attack webpage. Their decision will be based on the following criteria:
- Creativity of the Meme – 50%
- Quality of the Meme’s Message – 45%
- Amount of votes the meme received – 5%
The winner will be announced on or before 5/6/2022 on the UHCL website and the winner will be notified through their UHCL student email account. All decisions made by panel of judges are final.
Panel of Judges
The panel of judges will be selected by the office of Annual Giving. All decisions made by judges are final, no exceptions.
$500 applied towards student’s UHCL account, no exceptions.
Terms and Conditions
By entering the Meme Attack competition, you agree that:
- To submit no more than one meme per student.
- Your meme may be shared online and in other formats by UHCL and other social media users.
- The judges’ decision is final, as are all competition deadlines.
- Prize must be applied toward UHCL student account tied to the email of their original submission.
- Failure to maintain good standing with UHCL throughout the entire competition (April 4, 2022 – May 6, 2022) will result in immediate disqualification.
- All meme submissions become the property of UHCL and all creative rights are forfeited upon submission.
- If using a free meme generation service such as imgflip.com, all watermarks and/or ads must be removed prior to submission. Entries with watermarks and/or ads will not be accepted